I just stole an XS11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just stole an XS11

I bought a 78 XS11 about 3 months ago and absolutely love it. It has become my everyday commuter. What a blast to ride.

I saw a local ad for a 79 XS11 on craigslist for $400. I thought it would be a POS and no way it would be running. Called the guy immediately and went over to look at it. Not only does it run great, it has all of the chrome and other parts I was looking for on eBay to replace on my 78. And everything not working on my 78 is working on the 79 - including a tach and fuel gauge - plus the badges are in great shape.

Felt kind of bad only giving this old guy $400. Even if the motor blows up riding it home I still will have saved money on the parts I need. The motorcycle gods must be smiling upon me - probably because I have definately over-paid for way too many bike related stuff in the past.

Not sure what I will do with this but most likely swap out the parts I need for my 78. I like the paint on my 78 plus the fact it has a 4-1 kerker pipe. Maybe the 79 will be my touring version. Who knows.

You need to pay homage to the motorcycle gods and donate it the 78 to me!!!!

No reason to harvest from one for the other, just get them BOTH running and looking right. Then figure out which one you like best, and you can sell the other. Chances are, you will just have two for a few years!!
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

That will probably happen. The 79 is set up more for touring. The 78 is more of a streetfighter. I will try the 79 for awhile and see how that works in it's current mode. Plus, I picked up a spare engine a while ago so who knows what will happen next.

Comment

i just stole

i couldn,t believe it an xs1100 for twenty bucks Canadian,i went to see lt and the guy says do you want this Bentley i said sure next thing i know the mans going out of town and wants me to sleep with his playboy model wife and then i woke up you lucky bas@#$rt ride safe ,,slow mo
        The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
        moemcnally@hotmail.com
        i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Mo... you... ride safe!

Regards,

Scott <laughing to hard to clean the monitor>
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

It was almost like that except for the Bently and the playboy model - and it was $400 not $20. And the guy selling it had about 3 teeth in his mouth. But otherwise, just like you described.

Comment

Dont be a stickler, show us some pics.
              '79 XS11 F
              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
              Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
              GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Pics are coming - picking up bike today. Will give me an excuse to show my 78 also.

Comment

Working...
                X