Thanks !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks !!!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the help I have received over the years on my 79 XS11 Special. Finally about ready to go and get the plates renewed so I can get back on the road legally. Had her out today and got her up to 115 mph before I chickened out, ran good bottom to top, very small misfire yet at idle but have not yet set the sync with gauges only a bread tie and color tune for the air screws, plugs all show a perfect tan color though! Hope to make an XS11 get together sometime in the not so distant future and meet some of you great people to thank in person. One question I bet the plates have not been renewed in ten years or so, does anyone know if I am stuck with paying back taxes for all those years she has just set in the shop? Thanks again for everyones help and a special thanks to the people who started and maintain the best website on the entire web!
    JC

Hey there JC,

Well, I live in Va., we have personal property taxes here. My bike sat for 9 years unlicensed, uninspected, off the road! When I got it replated, just had to pay that years fees and that was it, not sure how they do it in Colorado, but doubt that you will have to worry about past non-operative years!!?? Congrats, and enjoy!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Get your papers in order

I think most states set a maximum.Is it titled in your name? You might be able to sign a statement saying it was not ridden during that time (that's all they worry about) In MO it only comes up if we try to re-new our plates. If your plates stay with the bike forever where you live it could be an issue. Certainly they won't rip you too bad?? I think the worst it gets here is like a hundred bucks or so. If I walk in with the title in my name and in order it's not a problem. Keep us posted!
      Garry
      '79 SF "Battle Cat"
      outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys I really appreciate it, will head down to the license bureau next week to see about getting the plates updated or renewed? Will let you know how it goes, seems like Colorado wants every penny they can get from you, but I will find out soon. Hope the weather has cooperated for bike riding in your areas this year, and thanks again.
        JC

Comment

Here in Florida, I believe you only need to sign an afa davit (sp?) saying you haven't ridden her on the road since she stopped being registered.
          1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
          1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
          http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Working...
          X