Windshield question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield question...

I am getting a windshield for my XJ11 (bought it last night, pics to go up soon) and want to get the right size for my height. Is it true that the height listed on a windshield is from the top of the headlight? I am 6'1" and did a measurement sitting on the bike. 20" to 21" from the top of the headlight to the tip of my nose. The slipstream sport has a listed height of 20". With the angle, do you think that would be tall enough to get the wind over me? Here is the listing for the windshield...

http://www.bikebandit.com/slipstream...=7945&t=1&td=1

Thanks.
    '82 XJ1100

Jason

Also, if anyone knows where to get it for less than $116, that would be great too...

Jason.
    '82 XJ1100

Jason

Comment

The height should be fine. Adjust the angle after riding a while to find that sweet spot that works for you.

That's a normal price for a new, bolt-on windshield. Ebay might give you better prices, but not by much.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

I have a windshield similar to that one, it provides a lot of protection. Its nice if you are passing a lot of large trucks or riding long trips, you dont hardly feel their bast on the way by. It also lets you ride longer as its not as taxing on your body. If you decide to get any windshield you need to remember that you shouldnt be looking through it, it should end at the bottom of your line of sight. It will still provide enough protection. If you need to trim down the shield here is some good info for that.
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Working...
        X