Pickup Coil stuff????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Coil stuff????????????

Well first of all let me start this by saying thank you to everyone who has helped me with my constant questions in the last few months. I got my bike running and with the help of advise from all and the parts from Andreas. I promptly ran the battery out of juice (which I have figured out) and got bucked off pushing starting this old girl. When that happened the bike landed on it's left side and bent the highway bar into the pickup coil. smashing the cover and bending the pickup plate and little pointy finger thing. When I did get the bike up and running again the top half of each gear (the 3 that I went through in town) would start lurching and sputtering. I'd like to think that I can just bend all this stuff in the pickup coil area back to where it's suppose to be and the bike will run fine. But I have no idea how to adjust it or even what it does or how it's suppose to look when the bike just sits. I know it controls the timing on the bike or something like that but basically I need help. Has anybody messed with this stuff before. I need any and all knowledge that anybody can give me on this. thanks again Z
    Kracker1980XS1100SformerlySongs4sale

Remind us what year and model bike you have, or better yet, put it in your signature so it gets posted with all of your post. This is one of those items where what year bike/engine/other parts you have will make a big difference in what parts you need.

I would not try to rebend these parts to work. You should be able to get the stuff you need from someone here.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Crap i can't believe I forgot that.

It's a 1980 XS1100S. If I knew how to post pictures on this thing I'd post a pic of the pickup coil that I'm lookin at.
      Kracker1980XS1100SformerlySongs4sale

Comment

Look at the top of the screen in the blue line for "USER CP". You can go there and change your signiture to add that to it so we do not have to ask next time.

You should have the 2H7 version of the TCI. So you will have mechanical advance as well as vacuum advance in your timing setup. This means you can use the timing setup form anything from 1978-1980 model, special or standard.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

It's so easy that even I can do it.

Originally posted by songs4sale07 View Post
          It's a 1980 XS1100S. If I knew how to post pictures on this thing I'd post a pic of the pickup coil that I'm lookin at.
          Hi songs,
          it's a multi-step process.
          take digital photos and put them in your computer.
          Any photo or document you have scanned in will work too.
          Send the photos/scanned documents to a public photo-hosting site. I use photobucket, there are several others.
          You can send photos from photobucket et al and they will show up in your post.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
          X