Value of a good trans and head parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of a good trans and head parts

Hey guys I've got a really nice transmission in a box. and a complete head (with 4 bent valves, ya you all know what i did) Anyhow I was wondering honestly what you guys think these parts are worth. Transmission, cams, cam caps, lifter buckets (Not sure what they are called) the buckets the shims sit on. I know I know with these bikes spare parts should be held dearly for a rainy day. But i was thinking if i can get some good cash for it I've got a list of parts about a mile long that i need asap. Good tires, new breaks, carb sync tool, the list goes on and on. If you couldnt tell I'm working on a tight budget here.

Thanks
    Tony
    Tony

78 xs11 aftermarket 4-2 HD mufflers, whats left of it is stock. A work in progress for sure.

Do you want to see your sync tool? Let me know, Im interested in it.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
      Do you want to see your sync tool? Let me know, Im interested in it.
      Tony

78 xs11 aftermarket 4-2 HD mufflers, whats left of it is stock. A work in progress for sure.

Comment

I believe he's saying he is interested in your 'transmission in a box', maybe interested enough for you to come out of the deal with a sync tool. You need to contact him....
        Ken Talbot

Comment

Sorry, misread the post, thought the sync tool was for sale. I realize now hes in need of one. Duh, blond moment.
          '79 XS11 F
          Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
          Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
          GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by freak_leg View Post
            - - - I've got a list of parts about a mile long that i need asap. Good tires, new brakes, carb sync tool, the list goes on and on. If you couldn't tell I'm working on a tight budget here. - - - Tony
            Hi Tony,
            OK, 2 new tires and a brake rebuild will cost in the hundreds of dollars but you can build a super-accurate synch tool from aquarium tubing and plastic tees for ~$10.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

BEST SYNCH TOOL = 20ft of vinyl tubing and some plastic T's. Really. Paying $80 for something else is crazy. JMHO
              '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Hey Freak...where at on this 3rd rock from the sun are you??? I may be interested in the transmission. i would like to try working on the 2nd gear fix without all the added other stuff before having to do it on mine!!!
                '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
                Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
                4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
                Windjammer(wiring issues)
                SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
                New paint/brakes to come!!
                ===============
                '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
                ===============
                '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
                Stock Pilots/125 mains
                Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
                SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
                LED Brake Lite
                Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

Originally posted by TomRodgers View Post
                  Hey Freak...where at on this 3rd rock from the sun are you??? I may be interested in the transmission. i would like to try working on the 2nd gear fix without all the added other stuff before having to do it on mine!!!
                  I'm about 30mins south of minneapolis Mn. I'm not sure if this is a trans you really wanna experiment its in really good shape. However like i said money / parts trades talks if your close.
                  Tony

Comment

The "trans in a box" is worth around $100 by itself. That's what we paid for one last fall anyway.
                    1980 XS850SG - Sold
                    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                    -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
                    X