Mustang Custom Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Custom Seat

I recently purchased a custom Mustang 2 rider seat for an XS 1100. I put it on my 80 1100G. Required a relocation of the ignition module but otherwise install was easy.
    The seat is in mint condition and I bought it on Ebay but it was not a real low price that I paid for it. But, it feels good and allow me to settle lower on the bike and improve on my ability to plant my feet flat on the surface.
    I consider myself luck to have bought this seat. Anyothers have this 2 rider seat?
    Turbodave:
    Running Against the Wind

Never forget our POWs/MIAs

Iron Butt Association #14500

I don't have a Mustang seat. Last season I bought a Travelcade seat kit from Dennis Kirk. It came with the new foam and cover for .... I don't remember, but it wasn't cheap.

Problem with the Travelcade seat for me is that the ... backrest part that you slightly lean against is too far back - this makes me have to reach uncomfortably to get to the roto-tiller handlebars or else slide up on the seat more. The original Yamaha seat I had was closer.

Maybe my arse is just much smaller than the average arse.

The seat foam and cover are excellent though and I'm just now having an apholstery shop tack it to the seat pan as we speak

These "2-up" kind of seats are excellent for long trips and passengers. The rice rockets just don't hold a candle to this kind of comfort and ride setup.

Now if I could just get the freaking front end set up so it doesn't feel like it's going to fly apart. I'm trying to sort out a front end shimmy and feel problem after I just had an incompetent shop install a tube in the front. Perhaps they bent a rotor or just don't know how to balance a tire...

Ben
    1985 Yamaha VMX12n "Max X" - Stock
    1982 Honda XL500r "Big Red" - Stump Puller. Unknown mileage.
    1974-78 Honda XL350 hybrid - The thumper that revs. Unknown miles.
    1974 Suzuki TC/TS125 hybrid. Trials with trail gear. Invaluable. Unknown miles.
    1971 Honda CL350. For Dad. Newtronic Electronic Ign. Reliable. Unknown miles.

Formerly:
    1982 XS650
    1980 XS1100g
    1979 XS1100sf
    1978 XS1100e donor

Comment

Working...
    X