Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and Thanks!

Hi all,

Just picked up an 80 xs1100 that's been sitting under a carport for about three years. I already have a few bikes, so I *plan* on this being a slow moving project.

Just wanted to say hello so I wasn't a complete stranger when asking for help. And of course thank all those who made this place before I got here. What a great resource! I never would have guessed the old bike was so popular (sorry ).

Here's where I'm starting from......

Mad Mike

Welcome aboard, Mike!

Have seen worse become beautiful. Vetter III (?) fairing, and are those original Vetter bags? Radio, too. Almost ready for the street.

The plastic windshield for the fairing is still available - JC Whipme for one I think.

Good luck.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Hi Mike, welcome. Hey, that seat - hard to tell from the pic, but it could be a really good one. Is there a tag on it with mfg name?

What part of the world are you in, and better yet, what are your other bikes!?
      Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Hey, thanks for the welcome guys.

Thanks for the clue on the wind shield. The bags are supposed to be original. They are a bit scraped up and could use some work, but don't have any holes in em or anything. I suspect it *may* be the most expensive part of getting everything back together. I may take the bags and fairing off and leave em till last. I'm even thinking about just pulling all the touring gear off, throwing on a set of drag bars, some new paint and calling it a day. Well, after getting it mechanically sound anyway... We'll see.

I'll take a look at the seat, but was told it's a home made job based off a JC whitney kit. The original owners wife dyed the leather and put it all together. It's in pretty rough shape and the sheepskin smells pretty good... err.. bad. Might be the first thing to go depending on what I decide to do with it.

I'm just outside of Dallas. I've got a Busa, an FZR 400 and a TT350 taking up valuable wife parking space in the garage right now. She's really happy to see a big dirty project bike show up.
        Mad Mike

Comment

Working...
        X