No announcement yet.

immediate help please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dgsxer! glad to have you back!!! you had us all really worried. i am hoping it is some residual side effect from an oil overfill that i did for the first repair on the bike. i changed the oil and over filled it. oil was coming out of EVERYWHERE. i drained it back to the right level, but i haven't run it for more than a total of 20 minutes since then....i am going to pull the box and check the condition of the filter and work my way backwards from there, but i am guessing i am going to have to go through the entire system....we will take it one step at a time and see what we end up with, i guess....
    1980 XS 1100 Special (working to be my daily ride)

Comment

Oil in the airbox could just be from over-filling and puking out the breather tube. Oil should be checked on the center stand, not the kick stand. How did you check yours, 1st?

Then he reads the previous post. Sorry for the redundancy.

DGXSER and I are both over here in Cincinnati (more or less), along with several other XSives. We have a local social group - SWOXS on your radio dial - or in the user CP as the case may be. One of our SWOXS's is right there in Indy, although he recently had his house and bikes burn. Anyway, check out the social group page - we're always looking for more SWOXSi.
      Last edited by dbeardslee; 04-02-2010, 09:13 PM.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Thanks 1st. I am not traveling for a while like I was so I will not be in your backyard anytime soon. Heck, not even back to work yet. This is going to drive me insane before I get back. (Yeah I know, not that far of a drive is it)

Happy to help whenever I can. I still got all this good stuff the other knowledgable folks here shared and I crammed up in my head that I can pull back out when needed. Along with all the BS I get to throw in now and then to.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Working...
        X