Still looking for an XS11...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still looking for an XS11...

I am still looking to get something close to So Cal. I keep checking eBay and CL daily. Any other places I should keep checking? Let me know if you see anything interesting pop up for sale. Thanks...

Jason.
    '82 XJ1100

Jason

Here's a link to a thread discussing many 11s currently for sale. Maybe one is close enough to you.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...hlight=jackpot
    1978 Yamaha XS 1100E "Monster" 2010-2012
    2004 RCM-50GL 2008-2010, Don't ask, don't tell (don't really know)

Comment

None in CA, but I couple in AZ. I'll check them out. Thanks!!!
      '82 XJ1100

Jason

Comment

I have one

just havent got around to putting it up for sale , pm and we can talk
        91 kwaka kz1000p
        Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Great looking bike, Garth. Sent you PM...
          '82 XJ1100

Jason

Comment

There's a guy in Northridge that has at least a couple of xs1100's. Check with Craigslist L.A/SanDiego/Ventura under xs1100...usually has a 91325 zip code. As of today there were a couple of nice standards and modified special.

Comment

I have a 79 for sale, I put pics of it up here last year some time. Its running real well, just put new fork seals in it and new front pads. Pretty much all original except the custom seat which is VERY comfortable and the 4-1 exhaust. It is really in nice condition. Bigfoot, TRBig and Russ79 can reference that.

Man, the more I talk about it the more I don't really want to get rid of it...

But I would rather sell it to a good home than put it on Craigs list and have some idgit chop the thing.

I will try to repost those pics when I am not on my phone and have the use of my computer...
              Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

"But I would rather sell it to a good home than put it on Craigs list and have some idgit chop the thing."
                79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                79 DT 100

Comment

I guess I am missing your point. Just QFE?
                  Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

"But I would rather sell it to a good home than put it on Craigs list and have some idgit chop the thing."

I think that's me.
                    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                    79 DT 100

Comment

To close out this thread, I bought the 82XJ on this forum last night. Here's the post...

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27035

Johnny, the seller, gave me a great deal and put a lot of care into the bike. I am looking forward to taking it from here. Get ready for 1000 questions and a lot of hand-holding...lol. Pics in a new post to come...

Jason.
                      '82 XJ1100

Jason

Comment

Congrats! Looks like you got a nice bike. It shouldn't require a whole lot to keep that one running well.
                        1980 XS850SG - Sold
                        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                        -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by gringojason View Post
                          To close out this thread, I bought the 82XJ on this forum last night.
                          Looks like a good bike, Jason. If you want to get out on it this summer there's a rally in June up at Santa Margarita Lake, by San Luis Obispo.

It might be too soon but I'm making a run up to Half Moon Bay at the end of this month to meet up with some more XSives for the Dream Machine exhibition. If you can get the bike running you could ride up and put your bike on display, too.

If you need help just ask.

Regards,

Scott
                          -- Scott
                          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
                          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
                          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
                          1979 XS1100F: parts
                          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Catonic and 3Phase, thanks guys. I am looking forward to getting started on making her mine. I little swamped at work, but soon enough.

Scott, thanks for the offer. It runs great now and is ready to take out, just don't know if I'll have the time at the end of the month. June sounds better for me. Let me know the dates as they come together and I'll see what I can work out. Email me so we can keep in touch: gringojason@gmail.com

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys...
                            '82 XJ1100

Jason

Comment

Awesoe looking ride you got there. Nothing wrong with a little work required bikes. It feels alot more like your own bike once you work on it.
                              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                              93 GSX600F
                              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                              81 XS1100 Special
                              81 CB750 C
                              80 CB750 C
                              78 XS750

Comment

Working...
                              X