xs midnight special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xs midnight special

My cousin Ronnie just bought the midnight special from the ads, here! Great buy for only 675.00 american. I did the coil wire pick up fix and removed the vpickups to work on them. Now i set the gap at 12 thou when i reinstalled them and it seems to run fine but what is the proper gap i cant find it no place? The po. said it wouldnt idle under 3000 rpm . the two middel carbs were shut off and the 2 outside ones were open about 30 thousands lol. just a quick bench synch cured that problem. Great bike just tryin to get the bugs out . If any one knows the proper setting for the pickups it would be greatly appreciated regards Mitch
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Bridgton Maine

By the way this was the bike advertized in Bridgton Maine , a 5 hour drive for us one way, Worth every mile to get a midnight special for that kinda money !!!
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Heck, I bought my XJ from a guy in Maine when I was living in Wisconsin. Took me a day and a half out and back plus a couple nights sleeping in my truck to go get it. 5 hours one way? Piece of cake!
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

After replacing I set mine to .02. Think I read that measurement on this site somewhere...seems to be fine. I'm going to recheck the timing to see if it changed though.
        XS 1100 LG

Comment

I believe the default is something like .030-.034, for my accel coils I have to put the gap at over .036, just I just run at .040
          1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
          1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
          http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Here's the thread
            http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...&highlight=gap
            XS 1100 LG

Comment

Working...
            X