Brake parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake parts

Anyone know where to find brake parts for a 81 1100LH. I ordered SS brake lines from the guy on Ebay and he sent the wrong stuff. I can make two of them work for the short lines but the long line and the joined one (steel tube) he had screwed up.

Also need to find the acordian dust seals that are on the brake calipers.

'81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
    Original except:
    120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
    4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
    Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
    All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
    Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Help!

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Original except:
    120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
    4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines

Big John

Comment

Yeah! If you're looking for lines, talk to Chacal on the xjbikes.com site. He has a set pre-made for the XJ, which is exactly the same as the LH setup. You can get each piece separate if you want.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Thanks Bug

Was about to PM you as you have the 81 MNS. There is a lot more different than you would expect on these bikes.
        Original except:

Big John

Comment

Originally posted by jmnjrpa View Post
          There is a lot more different than you would expect on these bikes.
          No kidding! That's what I am trying to learn - all the differences between the years/models, as well as what things will interchange.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Chacal also has those dust boots for the caliper pins.

If he has run out you can get them from these guys in the UK. The LH calipers were the same as the ones on the RD250lc

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/YAMAHA-RD250L...#ht_1016wt_939
            Last edited by melbxs; 03-28-2010, 03:42 AM.
            Melbourne, Australia. XS1100RH

Comment

Working...
            X