need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

I have a friend who is redoing a virago 550. He has ordered one of those old style ford tailights for it. The original wiring had three wires (blue, yellow, and black...I believe) He is not rewiring the whole bike just trying to hook up the new light to the old wiring. The new light only has two wires. He can make it a tailight and he can make it a brake light, but cannot get the combination of both. It is a dual component light. how does this thing need to be wired?
    Judgments prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.

'79 xs1100 Special (All Blacked Out)

He needs to attach the bike ground (should be the black) to the lights' metal housing. The two wires are the brake/tail...

'78E original owner
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
      He needs to attach the bike ground (should be the black) to the lights' metal housing. The two wires are the brake/tail...

'78E original owner
      Crazy steve is correct. DING DING DING! My tail light is a trailer light, same thing.
      "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Working...
      X