Hi from the texas border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bienvenido a XS11

Looks like mro got you pointed in the right direction with the link to TrikerNeil's site... He's pretty much our resident trike guru.

Best of luck with your conversion! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress...

There are several TeXSives on the board here but most of us are a good ways north of you (assuming you're talking the southern Texas border) but many are always willing to travel to help...

Again, welcome!
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Comment

Where on the border are you?

Patrick
      The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
      1969 Yamaha DT1B
      Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Originally posted by Incubus View Post
        Where on the border are you?

Patrick
        Im south west of the border from Mexico, Eagle pass AKA(illegal pass) TX about 150 miles from San Antonio, is just walking distance from Mexico

here are some pics of the partially dismantled XS

always organize your parts after removal, you might need them for project reversal or a fellow biker

Comment

Originally posted by eldominico View Post
          Hi guys! I'm starting a XS11 trike project and would like to share my progress with the members and fellow XS lovers of this forum, am I allowed to do so and if so can some one point how and where?
          Hi eldominico and welcome.
          hopefully you will complete the project and it will work well for you.
          But there is another way. To get just as much fun with 1/10th of the effort; install a sidecar instead.
          Use the "search" button and type "sidecar installation" to see how I did mine.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
            Hi eldominico and welcome.
            hopefully you will complete the project and it will work well for you.
            But there is another way. To get just as much fun with 1/10th of the effort; install a sidecar instead.
            Use the "search" button and type "sidecar installation" to see how I did mine.
            Well thank you very much, I would love to have a side car! I will look in to it

Comment

Originally posted by eldominico View Post
              Hi guys! I'm starting a XS11 trike project and would like to share my progress with the members and fellow XS lovers of this forum, am I allowed to do so and if so can some one point how and where?
              Hola Dom! It's your bike, make it into whatever you want!

Here's one member here that has his trike in the UK: catdna.

He's got a link to a picture of his trike in his member profile. It's a '79F and looks pretty good for a trike; not as good as the original XS or a 'hack but it's pretty good for a trike. At least it ran and wasn't abandoned in mid-project after cutting up the bike.

Have fun and look around, there are all kinds of ideas out there!

Regards,

Scott
              -- Scott
              _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
              1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
              1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
              1979 XS1100F: parts
              2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

first stage visual fitting

Here is some pics of the 98 mustang rear end before cutting

and another

as you all can see the axle is upside down, thanks to some advice of the members in this forums now I know that if installed in the right position the trike would have gone in reverse I will start measuring and cutting the axle next week

Comment

XS1100 on three wheels

I have some updated pictures of my work but can't post no pictures, I don't know why the system does not let me, if any one know how PLS let me know

Comment

any update on the trike?

eldominico - just checking for progress since last Spring - I am in San Antonio and would love to ride down to see it in person.

John
                    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Nice, want to keep an eye on your project.

With flipping the rear over, Would that cause that whine i have heard others talking about when in reverse, due to gear cutting directions.

I had a guy, send me plans for a reverser for trikes, and would allow the rear to hang correctly, and not have to listen to the whine from the gear cut angles. (for got the actual term for the gear cut). Also looking at it, looks like might be a good fix for aligning the shaft output to the differential input.

I will see if i still have it on my computer at home, and post here or send it to you if you want , it is a .pdf file

Looking forward to seeing your build, and how you are going to handle the suspension and all.
                      1979 XS1100SF.

"You know what makes me sad... YOU DO, Why dont we run over to mamby pamby land and get you some self confidence you jack wagon" Will go down as one of the great quotes LOL

Comment

Actually looking over at a few other sites that guys are building trikes, Seems like not a big deal at all of the possible gear wear of flippng a rear, After all we probably will not be putting 100's of thousand miles on our bikes

The only thing mentioned mostly is fixing the differential breather (if so equipped) to plug and relocate to the new "top" of the rear end.
                        1979 XS1100SF.

"You know what makes me sad... YOU DO, Why dont we run over to mamby pamby land and get you some self confidence you jack wagon" Will go down as one of the great quotes LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X