New battery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New battery...

Finding it hard to get hold of the right bettery with the sensor...but was running ok with the one on my xj1100.."the TERMINATOR"..
    Anyway..my local griffin centre has one which may fit...its only 18 amp instead of 20 amp...will it be ok...as I dont want to shell out £40 and its not enough juice!..cheers all...from the UK...

Just get one without the sensor, a search will turn up a way to "bypass" the sensor wire so you don't get a warning light.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Comment

Is Less still Enough?

From the actual "Clymers Repair Manual" Electrical System Quick Reference Data for the XS:

Battery:

12 Volt, 20 Amp Hour.

According to my math that leaves you shy 2 ampere hours or 10% below the Published Standard if you lay down the pounds/Stirling for the battery immediately available.

Me? That's outside my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
      X