what's missing on my xj?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's missing on my xj?

under the right side cover right above the auxiliary d.c. terminal. brown, blue,red&white wires. looks like it is held in place by two screws about 4 inches long. thanks

looks like some idiot removed the fuse box why? how is this thing still running?looks like i need a fuse box!

Comment

I don't know if the XJ had/has the same crapy fuse box as was stock on the earlier XS's but if it did thats probably why it was removed. You've probably got a whole mess of crimp-on inline fuse holders someplace. Look under the for-sale section at the top for member services. Our member TopCat sells a very nice replacement, with connectors for a reasonable price.
      1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
      Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

Originally posted by bcknblkbird View Post
        under the right side cover right above the auxiliary d.c. terminal. brown, blue,red&white wires. looks like it is held in place by two screws about 4 inches long. thanks
        That's where the "warp speed" generator goes. I think Yahman has got a line in on them. Just don't till the XS guys, cause they'll want one too.
        Dan
        Current Rides: '82 XJ w/Jardine 4-1's, GIVI flyscreen, '97 Triumph Trophy 1200
        Former Rides: '71 CB350, '78 400 Hawk, '75 CB550/4;
        while in Japan: '86 KLR250, '86 VT250Z, '86 XL600R, '82 CB450(Hawk II), '96 750 Nighthawk, '96 BMW F650

Comment

Originally posted by psycoreefer View Post
          I don't know if the XJ had/has the same crapy fuse box as was stock on the earlier XS's but if it did thats probably why it was removed. You've probably got a whole mess of crimp-on inline fuse holders someplace. Look under the for-sale section at the top for member services. Our member TopCat sells a very nice replacement, with connectors for a reasonable price.
          The XJ does use the same glass fuses as the XS, but the box is a tiny bit different (due to the space restrictions). There are a few threads that give pictorials showing perfect installatios of the fuse block T.C. sells. I installed that block on my MNS, and it took about an hour, start to finish. Definitely one of the first things that you need to do to help clean up the electrical issues on a 30-yo bike.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

missing fuses

I just picked up a second XJ and the stock fuse box is there minus the fuses and the holders. Haven't dug into see what the PO did yet. My first one is converted to spade style fuses and yea only took about an hour and a half without interruptions.
            Just ME and my 82 XJ 1100. Mac 4>1-2 1/2" open baffle shotgun, no octy, K&N pod filters, LED tail/brake light & directionals, 750 FD mod, Ear Cannon air horn, modified bars and dash. "Motorcyclists are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan." Walter Davidson, Dec. 1920 edition of Harley-Davidson Enthusiast Magazine http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/justme1100/

Comment

Working...
            X