possible exhaust option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible exhaust option

So I talked with my buddy who is a welder, who does any kind of welding and asked him about doing an exhaust for my 78 and he said no problem , the options are a brand new one off or taking an existing pipe and making it fit, I was looking at a kerker for a gs1100 and they are only like 250 bucks, and maybe like another hundred or so to fit it to my bike. so I told him their alot of guys like me who would pay good money for a good fitting 4/1, the other option I thought of was getting a kerker and have him make a copy . the only issue with that is he would have to tool up for the bends, and the only option would be black unless you wanted to jet hot it or chrome it your self, how many would be interested in this because he might be able to knock out a bunch
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

The big question is going to be how much, what is his/your estimate for the selling price of a kerker copy.

Also what are the legal implications for your buddy?
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Comment

Shhhhh

Originally posted by psycoreefer View Post
      The big question is going to be how much, what is his/your estimate for the selling price of a kerker copy.

Also what are the legal implications for your buddy?
      I wont tell if you dont , it will be our little secret, as to cost I will let you know, he says 20 bucks an hour + materials, i might just get the gs1100 pipes and make em fit
      91 kwaka kz1000p
      Stock

Comment

One small change to the Kerker and you no longer have to worry about legal issues because its not an exact copy. Id be interested in one! (price pending)
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I think

The headers are the issue when using slip-ons Would love a 4-2 that would allow the clamps to come off! Can he provide less slip-on pipes?
          '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
          Original except:
          120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
          4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
          Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
          All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
          Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Interested in a black 4-1 price pending.

Comment

Just a shot in the dark. I found some Vance Hines Slip on's on kijiji that fit a 07-10 harley softail, they actually fit right inside the stock pipes of my 78E - 2 to 1 headers. I only had to slit my 2 to 1's and put on a simple muffler clamp, this was covered by the chrome Vance Hines heat shield. These lined up with only one of the muffler mounting brackets and I don't know how legal this is, but cost me $140 buck for the pair and sounds great.
              Some make 'em, most just make payments on 'em!
              1978 XS 1100E
              Vance & Hines Slip on Straight Shot Exhaust
              K & N Air filter
              Home built forward controls
              Vulcan Mustang seat
              A little chopped

http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz42/Brad_099/

Comment

I am just looking for a good 4/1 replacement and kerkers are like hens teeth
                91 kwaka kz1000p
                Stock

Comment

Working...
                X