First run of the year is done!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First run of the year is done!!

First 60 degree day of the year and the bike was running (after some last min fuel line repairs) Got her up and running went for the first ride. Rode with no mufflers because I'm in need of new ones, 4 into 2's are LOUD!!! She needs come carb work yet but its running as well as it did last year so I'd consider my rebuild a victory! How ever i have no tach or speedo so i'll have to trace that down. I know the tach is probably a broken wire and i'm sure my speed cable is kinked at the wheel. Ah 32 year old bike = there is always something to do. Gotta love it!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1304662949879

Well I just thought i would share my excitment with you guys. Happy trails guys!!

Tony
    Tony

78 xs11 aftermarket 4-2 HD mufflers, whats left of it is stock. A work in progress for sure.

Link don't work, requires signing in. As for your tach not working, make sure alternator connections behind the fuse panel aren't corroded, the tach gets it's signal from alternator revolutions. If your speedo cable is broken internally, you can pick up a universal speedo repair kit from auto parts store that works nicely.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Phil--

Sorry about the link I need to get a photobucket account going. Thanks for the info on the tach wire. I really didnt wanna trace that down. And I'm 99% sure thats the problem with it. The wires on this poor girl look like a mouse with a roll of electrical tape wired it. (next years project) And the speedo cable i messed up when i put the speed sensor back on the front axle. For now it runs it rides so i'm gonna roll with it and work as i go
      Tony

78 xs11 aftermarket 4-2 HD mufflers, whats left of it is stock. A work in progress for sure.

Comment

Working...
      X