Motorcyle Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tropic-al View Post
    Check www.hagerty.com and request a quote. You might be pleasantly surprised as I did. They are a very reputable insurance company for collector cars, boats, motorcycles, etc.
    Wow, I just requested a quote and it came back at $139 per year with 10 mile emergency tow service and $200 per year with a 125 mile tow service. Their coverages are pretty impressive too, what do you guys think?

Liability
    $100000 / $300000 (Per Person/Per Accident)

Liability - PD
    $100000 (Per Accident)

Medical Payments
    $1000 (Per Person/Per Accident)

Uninsured Motorist
    $100000 / $300000 (Per Person/Per Accident)

Limited Earthquake Coverage
    $1000000 (Agreed Value)

Motorcycle Passenger Liability
    $15000 / $30000 (Per Person/Per Accident)
    1980 XS1100SG
    In the process of making her look pretty!
    P.S., TomRodgers has the best avatar icon ever!

Comment

i have markel american ins co.[LIST]
      bodily 50000/100000[LIST]
      property 25000[LIST]
      passenger 50000/100000
      • pedestrian 5000
        • safe driver credit,renewal dis.,driver education dis.
          • total$50.00 a year
      80 xs1100G

Comment

Progressive...

runs me about $165 a year for liability. They will total out a 30 year old bike anyway.

Check the Blue Book value!

Suggested Retail Value $1290 The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.

Comment

Progressive $96/yr liability only

No full coverage for a 30 y/o bike. If I was to spend $400-500/yr for insurance in case of a crash I could buy a whole new bike in a couple of years. The liability covers anyone I may hit and the bike loss will be a stupid tax I am willing to eat in that instance (assuming I survive!).

John in San Antonio

ps. I have USAAin Texas for cars but they partner with Progressive on MC in Texas. When I added Rising Sun in SanDiego to the stable the annual cost is the minimum -same $96/yr as Great Ranger in San Antonio.
          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Working...
          X