my kingdome for a carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larrym View Post
    Thanks for the blow-by-blow pics, gorgan8.

Methinks that this is truly the end for the "JB-Weld" Repair era and the beginning for the Bionic Float Post Period.

Now if only JB Weld would ask the government for a bail-out and not get one.
    Well, JB-Weld is good for lots of things, which includes fixing things, it's just not the right tool for the job of fixing the float pin posts in these carbs. It works quite well at patching gas tanks, and pretty permanent too. They have several products, each quite good at what they do. I was able to patch a hole in the bottom of my ignition cover, and it's holding up quite well. Doesn't polish any better than a turd, but then I just want to keep water out till I swap engines.

It works well even with wet gas, but I would NOT use it on anything with any lateral stress, it just won't take it.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Yeah sorry i forgot to put it on the repair post, its in the nuts and bolts section in one of the bins, with threaded shafts. the part number I have here is H# 880976. its threaded at the top with a threaded shaft at the bottom, but the middle is solid, the best part is its only $.80

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/SSPX0032.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/SSPX0034.jpg

so there u go.

p.s. and form ideas for fixing the t fittings for my carbs? i have the older style with the two one for fuel and one for airbox. I cant seem to find one.

Comment

Nice Repair

Thanks for the info... Nice repair!
        Kurt
        Treasure Coast, Florida

I have a parking problem everywhere I go....

2001 Mitsubishi Montero
        1987 944 n/a
        1979 Titan
        1979 Yamaha XS 1100 SF
        1984 Suzuki SP 250
        1987 Santana 23
        1944 Aeronca L-3B Grasshopper

If it fly's, float's or fornicates..... your better off having a lease!

Comment

Working...
        X