Just bought this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought this!

Just bought this 78 XS1100 motor - paid $100. Not sure what the hell I plan to do with it but seemed like a good idea at the time. Missing a cover on each side but everything else seems to be there. In the back of my mind I would love to build up a hopped up motor.

What will probably happen is that I will move this around in my garage about 100 times and then sell it for $50 a year from now. Oh well, it makes a nice conversation piece.

Does it turn?
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

An Heir and a Spare

Sweet!

Would be a plus if you could find out if it is a runner. Otherwise, having a donor is better than not having a donor.

I know what you mean about having to lug it around the shop though. I got a spare motor in a partial frame in 2004. (I knew the PO and the crash details...) I sold the bike that year and the new owner didn't want the engine or any of the spare parts.

So I kept the motor and still have it. I'm lazy so I actually built a little platform with casters for it. Every year I dig it out to squirt some oil into it and spin the crank around. Seems like I should do that soon.

I'll post a pic of it here when I do.

Comment

bikerphil Does it turn?
        If you hold it just right and spin it on the cardboard, it will turn.....

Oh well, it makes a nice conversation piece.
        I have two motors sitting around....thinking of making a table out of them in the garage....

The way i figure it, with two donor motors, and two running bikes, it cant hurt...if nothing else i can rebuild them,tweak them until one of the others blows up, and then do a swaparoo!!!
        '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
        Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
        4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
        Windjammer(wiring issues)
        SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
        New paint/brakes to come!!
        ===============
        '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
        ===============
        '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
        Stock Pilots/125 mains
        Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
        SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
        LED Brake Lite
        Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

Working...
        X