New member with first question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member with first question

I just bought a '80 xs11 special and i love everything about it, except the seat. It has what I call a cheech and chong king and queen. The back is way too high for my tastes. What options are there out there for aftermarket seats?

Thanks

Welcome aboard! What part of MO are you in? There are a few of us in the St. Louis area, and several around Kansas City.

For seats, you will be better off re-shaping the seat you have. Covers can be purchased for under about $80 or so, and many folks have just taken their seat to an auto upholstery shop and had it re-done to fit their tastes for as little as $100. There is a guy just out of St. Louis that makes custom MC seats, and quoted me $200 for a real leather seat with a gel insert under the foam.

Lots of options, but no aftermarket seats really....
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

I just bought an 81 xs1100sh special. It has a pristine original seat. Maybe we can trade. I will be picking the bike up next week. I could send you some pics of the seat then.

Can you send me some pics of your seat?

David
      1981 XS1100 Special
      Previous Bikes
      1999 Honda Goldwing Aspencade 1500
      1983 Honda Goldwing Aspencade 1100
      1982 Honda CB900c
      1984 Honda vt750 Shadow. My son's bike now.
      1984 Honda vt500 Shadow

Comment

Yeah, I was about to say that some like that style of seat and would probably be willing to trade.

Welcome to the site.

Tod
        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100
        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

could be worse!!!!

hey there bonsaibill....welcome aboard.....buddy of mine made this bike from some spare parts lying around the man-cave......he called it phone book (that was what the original seat he had on it...yellowpages!)....gotta better seat (not much)....even spent the money for the custom plate "phonebk".....

this place is sorta like a drug....you know its bad, but ya just come back for more!!!!!!....don't be afraid to ask the question....there is an answer here....somewhere.....until then, think about this....11.4 in the quarter mile!!!!....

until then, ride hard, ride safe......ross
          rebel devil
          1979 xs 1100f standard
          authenic historical vehicle
          42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
          "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
          "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
          "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
          '96 venture cct.....installed!
          stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
          i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

Originally posted by bonsaibill View Post
            I just bought a '80 xs11 special and i love everything about it, except the seat. It has what I call a cheech and chong king and queen. The back is way too high for my tastes. What options are there out there for aftermarket seats?

Thanks
            Hi Bill and welcome,
            some people have all the luck. One solitary post and David wants to trade you for a stock seat. It took me 2 years to find a stock seat for my XS11SG and then I had to bully a fellow list member into accepting my KQHB seat as a gift.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I have a seat which I believe is from an 80 special. It isn't real pretty and it came off a fallen friend's scoot. I will look at it tonight to be sure its a special. Any funds will go to his widow, if you decide to purchase it.
              Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
              X