Centerstand bolt size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
    Thanks BP. I checked the Fastenal website (they have several stores around here), and they don't even carry anything like what I needed. I went looking on my lunch break today, and the local salvage yard wanted $30 for those 2 bolts! And they would have to pull them from a bike (they don't let you pull parts yorself there). I went to the local bike shop, and they wanted $9.11 each. The cheapest I found them online was $7.50 or so, plus shipping, so I decided to get them. At least I know they're the right ones.

In case anyone was wondering, they are M10X1.25 thread.
    Gee, I was just about to offer you the ones off my special frame that I'm taking the engine out of. I don't need them, so I was going to offer them. But since you already bought new ones I'll just take that back. Heck, if I knew you needed a centerstand I would have offered you mine.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
      Gee, I was just about to offer you the ones off my special frame that I'm taking the engine out of. I don't need them, so I was going to offer them. But since you already bought new ones I'll just take that back. Heck, if I knew you needed a centerstand I would have offered you mine.
      Well, I got the centerstand for the cost of shipping from another member, and I hate waiting for stuff... I get so impatient, for $20 worth of bolts, I was willing to shell out the cash rather than wait to have them shipped. If they had been any more than that, I probably would have asked for "donations" from the forum.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
        Well, I got the centerstand for the cost of shipping from another member, and I hate waiting for stuff... I get so impatient, for $20 worth of bolts, I was willing to shell out the cash rather than wait to have them shipped. If they had been any more than that, I probably would have asked for "donations" from the forum.
        Oh well. I would have done the same, cost f shipping, and I would have included the bolts with it . That said, if someone is in need of a special centerstand, I have a parts frame with both center and side stands that both appear to be in good condition. I have the shaft and such as well too, but I figure I'll keep those as the will work as spares for my standard.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
        X