• Show
Clear All

• looking for a seat

hey everyone.I am looking for a seat to fit a 1980 XS 1100.any available
    Jamie
    1980 XS1100 Eleven Special
    purchased disassembled in a crate

why not re-upholster?

I posted the same question three months ago - thinking that having a seat re-upholstered would not be worth it. But, I had it re-upholstered in January and am very happy with the result.
    dontlikeoc
    1981 XS1100 Special Edition
    Alhambra, CA

Comment

my problem is that the seat on my bike does not belong to it.
      Jamie
      1980 XS1100 Eleven Special
      purchased disassembled in a crate

Comment

hi and welcome

Jamie you might try and PM a fellow member Andreash Weiss and ask for a seat he is in Canada and very helpful,,ride safe slow mo!
        The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
        moemcnally@hotmail.com
        i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Did you see this one on eBay? It's for an 80 Special....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/yamah...Q5fAccessories
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

He will only sell in the USA . I am sure there is a good reason for that.

Other than cost , shipping from Canada to the USA is no more trouble than shipping across Canada or world wide.
            BDF Special
            80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
            Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

I've got two...

I'm not sure what exactly your looking for. but i've got two king and queens. ones from an older XS and i think it's actually cooler looking. but both fit o my 1980 XS
              Kracker1980XS1100SformerlySongs4sale

Comment

looking for a seat

I've got a seat from my 80 XS1100 standard that I had recovered professionally -- very nice job; I then decided to shorten the frame and guess what? no workee for me no more. I'll make you a very good deal if you're interested. I've got a solo custom seat now, so it's gonna sit around here until I find someone on craigslist or here who needs it.
                A fine running motor is a tune you just can't get out of your head.
                first yamaha --1980 XS1100G

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Lowe View Post
                  hey everyone.I am looking for a seat to fit a 1980 XS 1100.any available
                  What type of seat are you looking for?

I've got this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X