No announcement yet.

The Cat is up and scratchin'!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cat is up and scratchin'!!!!!!!!!!

Well yesterday I FINALLY got the time to just work on old Battlecat. It was totally wierd cause I was fixin' it in the very exact spot it went down. (anybody ever do THAT?) Sorta like a medic and a soldier on the battlefield. Like I said wierd. Anyway as I was beating and banging and wrenching other stuff like busted aluminum and plastic pieces were falling off and making there own noise. It was quite sad. First thing I did was put new plugs and wire ends on cause they were smashed. Then I fired it. It seemed like it didn't even need the choke cause a couple cyls. were rough right off untill I took it off. It sputtered and coughed a while and I wondered if it could ever be the same. Then I revved the piss (can I say that?) out of it and she sounded better. So then I felt like it was worth it to go ahead cause who knows what all I destroyed. Changed the bars and levers and slapped on the only special tank on ebay since. Really sweated the stuff I forgot about like petcock to tank o-rings and the like. But all went well. Bent mirror stuff back as best I could. Checked for fuel leaks etc. and all seemed good. Found out the post on the left side cover was broke off in the lock. That was fun to get out in 95 degree sun. Beat the hell out of that side stand and never did get it back right. I coulda rode it over to my shop and used the torch and a bigger hammer but I knew Somebody with a boat would catch me there and it would be all about their baby and not mine. So I rode it around the block and it seemed ok except I had to adjust the bars a little. I had to stop to go get my wife from work cause we only got one car now. But now we got a bike again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyhow its early Sunday morning and I,m about to ride this kitty to church. Maybe I ought to have everyone lay hands on it and pray!!! HAHAHA P,S. this is far from over now cause it stil has a lot off stuff jacked up but I would rather ride a less than perfect bike now than work on it. I just won a head and valve cover off ebay at the same time I was wrenchin' it. Like I said.............wierd
    Garry
    '79 SF "Battle Cat"
    outbackweld@charter.net

Is that the bike that was run over by its owner? =;-) That head...was that the ebay item ending in 13? Quite unlucky you know. You should have let ME win that bid! (kidding). I have three good running xs11s, and I was bidding on it just for the (4th) spare engine. I think I must be mentally ill to even want it.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

stuck on ebay

Yea I didn't realize that building an XS would get me addicted to ebay! Sorry I stole a bit of yer thunder but it looked like a good deal to me!
      Garry
      '79 SF "Battle Cat"
      outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

e-bay

Looks we need to start putting our e-bay usernames in profiles??
        1979XS1100 Special

Comment

Re: e-bay

Originally posted by canman80
          Looks we need to start putting our e-bay usernames in profiles??
          Nope. We've been down this road before. If you want a part, bid on it. If I want it bad enough, I will out bid you, and vice versa.
          Brian
          1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
          1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
          remembering the same thing!

Comment

I just use the same name, that way there is no doubt
            Garry
            '79 SF "Battle Cat"
            outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

Hey it might be a good idea for us to know for other reasons. We should help eachother if we can and use the pay it forward thing. I'm Racin-Ranger.
              wpc57

'81LH Midnight Special "Margret"

I ain't as good as I once was..but I am as good once as I ever was.... (Toby Keith)

Comment

"pay it forward" ? sounds good but just how would that go?
                Garry
                '79 SF "Battle Cat"
                outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

Working...
                X