Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle response

G'Day Group
    A year or more ago someone posted some instructions for some radical carb mods. Involver drilling the3 holes in the bottom of the slides and some scary grinding. Does anyone remember who posted this info? Or even better, ddi anyone save the post? Iwould be most appreciative if I could have that info.
    Thanke.
    Wes Thompson
    79SF
    Wes Thompson
    79SF

I vaguely remember someone stating that they drilled the vent holes larger on the bottom of the slides. It had something to do with quicker response from fast speed to faster speed. I really think you don't want the pin holes bigger in the ventouri bore drilled, do you???
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Throttle Response

Thats what I remember Sid. I just cannot remember just how much to drill the holes. Too big and the motor does'nt rev. Just floods. I'm down to the nit picky details of tuning now. I have a hsnd built baffle in the Kerker exhaust can and advanced ignition timing. Still using the 81 special carbs with the correct(finally) main jets. Drivability is excellant. As always though, I want more. Drilling those slide holes is a one shot deal. cant go back.
      Thanks
      Wes Thompson
      79SF
      Wes Thompson
      79SF

Comment

this has nothing to do with the drilling but how did you build the baffles for your exhaust?

Comment

Baffle..was Throttle Response

The baffle is made from "1.5 muffler pipe. Have the guy at the muffler shop put the bend in it. Don't forget to leave both ends long so you can fit it correctly. I used a combination of 1/8 and 3/16 holes. More holes = quieter. I also fitted a turn down tip off a modern can to send the exhaust straight rtearwards.
          As for the carb mods I finally found Blain Hopppers site.
          www.sense.net/~blaine/cvslidemod.html
          Wes Thompson
          79SF
          Wes Thompson
          79SF

Comment

Working...
          X