Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can y'all post some pics of your rear tire setups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can y'all post some pics of your rear tire setups?

I've got an old one that needs replacing and I'd like to get one that's a lot more round. Any pics/advice are appreciated. This is for a 1980 SG.

Thanks
    1980 XS1100SG w/Jardine Spaghetti 4/2
    2008 Suzuki DRZ400sm Souped

Originally posted by rsmithsss View Post
    I've got an old one that needs replacing and I'd like to get one that's a lot more round. Any pics/advice are appreciated. This is for a 1980 SG.

Thanks
    Well, we really don't need another tire thread, but pretty much any new tire will be more round than the old worn out tire would be, especially if the bike is ridden on mostly straight roads most of the time.

As a matter of fact, it can take some real work to keep them from flattening out a lot as they wear, unless you get those dual compound tires with harder rubber in the middle and softer and stickier on the sides.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Just stay away from Dunlop 404s and you will be ok. D404s wear like chewing gum that has already been chewed. Well, ok, maybe that's giving them too much credit cause they don't grip as well as chewed gum.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

IF you stick with a blackwall, you can just fit a 140/16 E3 on the back! it's round, and looks nice, IMHO. I don't have a picture handy, but if you go to my web site, http://www.rjmatteis.com/motorcycle/index.html you will see a picture of my '80MNS with the 140 mounted.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
        X