Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking about buying this but don't want to get screwed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking about buying this but don't want to get screwed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

What are each of these things? I'm in the process of re-wiring my 1980 XS11 and believe in having spares but if it's stuff that I'm rmoving anyway and not really anythin i need then I don't want to spend the money on it.

Also... Has anybody bored their XS11 to a little bigger with good results? or extended the rake a little?
    Kracker1980XS1100SformerlySongs4sale

I bought a parts lot off of the bay.Different seller but now i have a spare bunch of items.In the picture i see tip over mechanism that is under the tank,reserve lighting unit,several pieces that control the turn signals and headlight-i believe.Cant go wrong having spare parts.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

If you are only buying for spare parts. Be patient. You can get stuff a lot cheaper than that $50. If you need some of that now, then maybe it's worth it. But I'm cheap so don't listen to me.
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Thanks. I'm glad that I got told what that stuff is. I also belie that you can't go wrong with spare parts but the problem is... they sound like the stuff that I'm gonna be taking off of my bike so I'm not gonna waste the money on it. thanks again.

anybody know anything about the bore project or the raking?

Thanks again guys.
        Kracker1980XS1100SformerlySongs4sale

Comment

Hey Song,

I'm with Red, many of those parts aren't necessary anyways, or can be replaced with much cheaper aftermarket stuff. The long slender silvery thing is a ballast resistor, but if you decide or need to put on new coils, aftermarket ones don't need/use that. The square thing is the tipover switch, again not necessarily needed...only shuts off the ignition IF the bike lays over more than 60 degrees or so....like if it falls still running! The turn signal and emergency flashers...large cylinder and small cylinder...depends on if you decide to go to LEDS? The OEM flashers won't work with LEDS, so they would need to be replaced anyways with LED friendly ones. You do loose the self cancelling feature, but easily learned to not miss it!

The ad says make an offer, offer $10.00! If he don't bite, walk away, there will be plenty more that come along!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by songs4sale07 View Post
            Thanks. I'm glad that I got told what that stuff is. I also belie that you can't go wrong with spare parts but the problem is... they sound like the stuff that I'm gonna be taking off of my bike so I'm not gonna waste the money on it. thanks again.
            anybody know anything about the bore project or the raking?
            Thanks again guys.
            Hi '07,
            just the genuine Yamaha flasher retails at mebbe twice the price of that job lot.
            But if you are dispensing with the self-canceler any $10 2-pin automotive electronic flasher will work for you.
            From what I read on this list you can't get standard XS1100 pistons any more so an over-bore kit is the only available option for a rebuild.
            Properly, "Raking" is cutting and re-welding the frame just behind the steering head to increase the frame rake angle to more than the stock 29.5ยบ.
            Best you really know what you are doing before you try this, eh?
            Last edited by fredintoon; 01-22-2010, 07:40 PM.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Wiseco sells piston kits, both in 1179cc and 1196cc overbores, lots of people here have used them.

cost: (at Wiseco) $664.05 currently, plus what you must pay to have cylinders bored.

http://www.wiseco.com/ProductSearch.aspx

Why do you want to extend the rake? For more stability or for looks. If for stability, then consider that the XS1100 is already raked out quite a bit compared to modern bikes. If for looks, then it will (in my opinion), negatively effect handling).
              Last edited by Guy_b_g; 01-22-2010, 07:43 PM.
              Guy

'78E

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Comment

I just looked at my e-bay receipt-got my lot for $20.00 from a guy parting out his bike and he also owned a shop-most of the parts were brand new in bags.
                1980 XS1100 SG
                Inline fuel filters
                New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
                160 mph speedometer mod
                Kerker Exhaust
                xschop K & N air filter setup
                Dynojet Recalibration kit
                1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Go check out parts for sale forum

Andreas has a $25 box of parts for sale that has all that stuff and more. $25 includes shipping so IMHO it is a way better deal.
                  Scott
                  I have a bike and I am not afraid to use it

Comment

Working...
                  X