I want to brag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to brag!

This may not be proper forum decorum (did I spell that right?) but I would like to take just a secound to brag on a vender. In a day when customer service seems to be a thing of the past in many circles, I had a very pleasant if not faith renewing experience that there are still some folks out there that still believe the customer comes first. As some of you may have read lately I had a problem with my mastercylinder. I purchaced a MC Kit from georgefix on ebay. When the kit arrived I found that it was the right one for a xs1100, but unfortunately the MC on my bike had been replaced with one from an xs650. I contacted George and told him of my delima. He told me to send back the kit I had and the plunger from the MC and he would match it up, no problem, no charge. Mine you it was my mistake not his. Then after talking with some of the much more knowledgable folks than me on this site it was determined that the MC I had was for a single disk front end and may not work with our dual disk application. I again contacted George and told him just to send back the origional kit and I would find a MC that would work. He was very helpful. He didn't get frustrated (or at least he didn't reveal it) after me changing my mind like a women (no offence). The shipping was cheap and fast and the price was the cheapest I found anywhere. His kit even included the rubber dust cover and many of the other kits I looked at didn't. Anyway if y'all need something for your bike and use ebay; look for it @georgefix first. If he treats y'all like he did me, I guarantee your satisfaction. Rick
    Last edited by Rev.Rick; 01-21-2010, 08:29 AM.
    Rev.Rick

What I ride now: 1980 XS1100 Special

What I used to Ride: 1980 XS850, 1984 Honda V65 Sabre, 1974 Honda CB750 ss, Yamaha YZ 480 (bored YZ400), Kawasaki 500 triple

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! John Newton (1725-1807)

Ditto on that, he's one of the best I've worked with also.

Comment

I too, have good and fast service.
      '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
      Original except:
      120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
      4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
      Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
      All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
      Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

I've been using him for parts for the past few years. I think you can beat his price by a small amount some times, but you'll NEVER BEAT HIS SERVICE, IMHO. I do try to send people his way when they are looking for carb and brake parts.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Ditto, I have purchased carb kits and petcock kits from him. Excellent service.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

GeorgeFix is GREAT to do business with. Anytime I need something I check with George first. I have bough many items from him and he is likely the best e-bay seller I have crossed paths with.
            Rob
            KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
            1978 XS500E
            1979 XS1100F Restored
            1980 XS1100 SG
            1981 Suzuki GS1100
            1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
            1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

A while back I purchased fork seals for a 77XS750 2D, turned out they switched forks that year. George sent the correct ones while I had the others going back at him in the mail. Great customer service and shipping rates. Most times I get stuff from him in 2 days.

Been dealing with him 4+ years now.
              Richard

Comment

Me Too

I have also purchased from georgefix. Got everything in two days and he even sent me extra jets, main and idle, when I ordered my kit from him. I always buy from him when he has the parts I need.
                79 xs11sf
                80 xs11g-bagger
                81 xs11g-project(trike/chop?)
                80 xs400 special(wife's trainer)

Comment

Hi Rick,
                  kudos for Geargefix!
                  BTW, the '77+ XS650 m/c is WAY on the big side for a single caliper set-up. (Note that XS650s sold in other parts of the world have dual disks) I converted my XS650 to dual disks and the stock m/c works real nice with them.
                  My elderly and erratic memory says the stock XS1100 m/c has an 11/16" bore vs the XS650 m/c's 16mm (~5/8") bore
                  so your XS650 m/c should feel a little softer, pull back a little further and give a small improvement on extreme braking.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Many of my parts have also come from Georgefix. Fork seals just the other day. 11 dollars for the seals and 3 dollars for postage, worked out to be 19 NZ dollars which is 5 dollars cheaper than i can buy them here. He has no issues with International postage and rates are reasonable, Although I also have to give thanks to DiverRay for his help in the early stages of my rebuild. To keep shipping costs down he graciously offered to have many of my ebay purchases sent to him for packing and shipping in a single box, which saved me a considerable number of dollars. Thanks Ray, it will always be appreciated.
                    1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                    2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Hey Fred, I don't know much about the xs650's. The only way I found out that the MC I have is from a xs650 is because of an ebay add selling an MC for a xs650 and it had the same stamping as mine. I believe what I have has a 14mm bore. 14 is stamped on the bottom and when I got the plunger out I checked it with a 14mm open end wrench and it fit snuggly. I know thats not the most acurate way to check it but hey nothing I do would be called conventenal. The kit George sent me for the 1100 MC is 17mm.
                      Rev.Rick

What I ride now: 1980 XS1100 Special

What I used to Ride: 1980 XS850, 1984 Honda V65 Sabre, 1974 Honda CB750 ss, Yamaha YZ 480 (bored YZ400), Kawasaki 500 triple

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! John Newton (1725-1807)

Comment

yes sir,

Georgefix is the guy to get parts from.

Service is Excelent. shipping is fast.

i try to throw him as much biz as i can.
                        1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
                        1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

I'll go along with that too, I think I've picked all of my rebuild parts up form him.
                          79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                          80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                          80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                          79 DT 100

Comment

Working...
                          X