Identification question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification question

There is a bike listed near my home that the owner says is an XS1100 - but he doesn't know anything more about it. I haven't gone out to look at it yet, but I'm wondering, from the picture can any of you tell the year and model?

There is a tremendous amount of helpful information on your site - if I do get the XS1100, I'm sure you'll be 'seeing' a lot of me here!
    Last edited by JazzyzGurl; 01-14-2010, 04:55 PM. Reason: photo didn't post

Looks like a '81 XS11H aka a standard with the Venturer package

'78E original owner
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

81XS Venturer 1100

That's exactly what it be........not that many sold as in touring, most bought the wing back then for all out touring. Consequently, not that many out there. Myself, couldn't be swayed after riding both this and the wing. The rest is history.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

what year

It could be an 80. It could be an 81.Check the serial number, and look for the letter in it. That will let you know what year it is.
        POTTS CREEK EXPRESS

IF YOU AINT THE LEAD DOG
        THE VIEW IS ALWAYS THE SAME
        1980 G Full Dresser

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
          Looks like a '81 XS11H aka a standard with the Venturer package

'78E original owner
          That was my best guess, based solely on pictures I could find of models and descriptions of the accessories they had.

With all the snow and ice we have, taking it for a test ride won't happen. He says it was running last summer, that everything works and it is in 'great shape except a tear on the seat , needs throttle cable and probably carbs cleaned' I know the advice on here says not to start it - to trailer it home and go over it completely first ... but if it's that big of a project to get it ride-ready, maybe it's too much for me to take on. I guess seeing it, having a knowledgable friend look it over and listen to it, and talking to the owner will have to suffice.

Thanks for the help, gentlemen! Oh - and I will double check the serial number

Comment

Looks like it gots some spaghetti pipes too. Bonus!
            XS1100SF
            XS1100F

Comment

Working...
            X