No announcement yet.

project custom build - 79 XS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Job! Very cool looking bike. I especially like the tank and the three forks logo. You guys did a great job on the overall look. Thanks for sharing with the class!
    Bothell, WA
    1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Originally posted by greatnw View Post
      Great Job! Very cool looking bike. I especially like the tank and the three forks logo. You guys did a great job on the overall look. Thanks for sharing with the class!
      tnx greatnw! The tank and the seat plus cowl came from a kawasaki zephyr750.fyi...cheers
      Paul B. Bautista
      Manila, Philippines

XS1100 Midnight Special Cafe Racer
      TZR250 Street Tracker
      1986 Honda GB400 TT

Comment

Great Bike! I was also in Manilia in 2000 and it was a great city, I had a blast! I hope I get to go back one day. Again fantastic bike and amazing skills putting it together.
        1980 XS1100G
        Tulsa, OK

Comment

Originally posted by MeatTooth View Post
          Great Bike! I was also in Manilia in 2000 and it was a great city, I had a blast! I hope I get to go back one day. Again fantastic bike and amazing skills putting it together.
          just inform me if u will visit again...lets plan a ride then.
          Paul B. Bautista
          Manila, Philippines

XS1100 Midnight Special Cafe Racer
          TZR250 Street Tracker
          1986 Honda GB400 TT

Comment

How easily did the Kawasaki tank fit on the XS? I'm looking for a new tank now, after a friend of mine backed over my motorcycle and punctured the tank. Of course, I'm having a difficult time finding replacement tanks, but would consider the Zephyr tank if it's not too much trouble.
            XS Special

Comment

There are Special tanks available.

I have this Cardinal Red one from a 79SF that is clean inside and out with original paint.

$130 plus $50 shipping. If you buy the matching 79 sidecovers with emblems and latch intact for an additional $70 they can ship in the same box and your bike is color matched

John

John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I was just reading through from the beginning and did not realize you were in the Phillipines. Yikes dunno what shipping there is like - guess you would not have as many options available.

If you can find an XJ1100 tank it has similar lines to the XS1100 Special but is a gallon bigger than the Special - and has been adapted by others.

John
                John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Who's in the Philippines? I'm in Mississippi.
                  XS Special

Comment

Well, even though old

That was a cool build. I would like to have heard (and seen pictures of) how they melted the hi-grade aluminum and filled in the space on the formerly sprocketed wheel. That would have been cool.
                    Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
                    mods to come

Comment

Working...
                    X