Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch side switches

Hi All,

I have a question. I just got my switches from MikeXS and I'm trying to figure something out. It's obvious where these wires go, but why is there no connector for the second set of wires? I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the hazards or something, but not sure. Thought I'd ask the pros first.

1980 XS1100SG
    In the process of making her look pretty!
    P.S., TomRodgers has the best avatar icon ever!

According to the wiring diagram for an SG there should be two connectors that come off the LH switch. Don't know why you didn't get the plastic connector with it, but if you've got the old switch you should be able to remove the old wires from the old connector and use it with the new switch wires. If you don't have an old switch, or the connector isn't seviceable, Z1 sells all kinds of plastic wiring connectors.
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

I have the old one, so that's a good thing. I'll just use that one. I thought maybe those had something to do with the hazards or something.
      1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Originally posted by thewright1 View Post
        Hi All,

I have a question. I just got my switches from MikeXS and I'm trying to figure something out. It's obvious where these wires go, but why is there no connector for the second set of wires? I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the hazards or something, but not sure. Thought I'd ask the pros first.
        Hi 1,
        if that's a photo of the wires on Mikes' switch, the multi-plug matches the one on the XS650 harness and may or may not match the harness plug on your XS11SG.
        The single bullet connectors match up with the XS650's single or double bullet adapters and may need some multimeter work to match up with the XS11SG's bullet adapters.
        Mikes' switch does NOT have a 4-way hazard switch on it.
        You will have to make other arrangements if you want to retain your 4-ways.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I just finished tracing out the turn signal wires on my SH which should match the SG.

There are two connectors, a white and a black. Funny thing is, the wires providign power to the turn signal switch are int he white connector, the wiring to send power to the signal lights is in the black connector.

So, I would think your gonna either need a wirign diagram from MikesXS for the switch you bought to compare to the harness diagram for the SG, or you will need to trace the wires out.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Through multiple rounds of trial and error, I found that the leaving the black wire out, will fix that blinking issue. Everything was pretty simple other then that.
            1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Working...
            X