Switch needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch needed

Ok, here is the deal. I'm looking for just the innards part of the starter switch on the right control pod. Some stupid PO removed the innards when the button broke apparently, so they rewired the starter to the fairing. This works, but it's rather a pain, but I can't make myself replace the whole control pod just for that part, so, does anybody have a right control pod that is trash but has little internal copper frame the wire hooks to and that the spring and button go into? I know I can get the whole thing for like $30, but I just want to fix mine. If I could find a parts bike I would just pull it from there, but I don't have that right now.

PS, one with the button and spring still there would be ok as well.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Cy - You can get the button from Mikes XS for $6 - includes the plastic housing and the spring. Seems like the copper frame wouldn't be too hard to fab. JAT
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Give me about a week, and I'll check the storage unit. I think I have a "spare" for the inner parts, minus the button and spring. That is why it's a spare!
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Well, I broke open the switch pod this weekend to transfer the button from my XS400 over. Found that the button assy was there after all, just not fastened down and there was no button or spring. So, I used the screw from the 400 and the spring and button from the 400 and then wired it back up and it works! Now I just need to go down to the hardware store and get another screw and then order another button, with the spring this time. There is a guy on ebay that sells them with and without the spring, both in plastic and aluminum. At least I don't have to reach down to the button on the fairing to start the bike anymore . Of course I have to get myself out of the habit of doing that now. I expect the next few times I get on I'll reach down and push that button and wonder why nothing happened, but I'll get over it soon I'm sure.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Sorry Cy,

I had one but did not see the thread.
          '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
          Original except:
          120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
          4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
          Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
          All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
          Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Working...
          X