Not another tire thread ARRGH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not another tire thread ARRGH!

No, not in a general sense, I'm asking about one particular tire. I'm not asking to debate tires. I'm pretty much settled on the Bridgestone S11. My question, for those who have used it, is about the rear application on a standard. I'm currently running Dunlop Elite II 130/90-17 and it just clears the swingarm. IF anyone has mounted the Bridgestone S11 130/90-17, any clearance problems?

Noooo... I think a better tire is...

Just kiddin'. lol.

Sorry no help.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I ran those on my 78E no problems
      Jim
      Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
      Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
      and SOXS
      2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Thank you Jim, how have you been?

Comment

Hi
          I'm OK things are going the way thet are supposed to go , I am just a lot more tired , I was going to say, at the end of the day , but sometimes it's noon I hope to see you in the spring ,
          Take care
          Jim
          Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
          Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

and SOXS
          2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Hey Randy, I went from a Dunlop Elite II 130/90-17 to the Bridgestone S11 130/90-17. The clearance is the same, very little. No problems with rubbing on the swing arm.
            79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
            79 SF parts bike.

Comment

I'm running an S-11 rear on my 79F, no clearance issues.
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

That's what I'm running on my 79 standard Randy. No problems or clearance issues!

Just picked up a set for the Venture.
                Paul
                1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                1979 XS1100 Standard
                1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

I've got a set on my '79F with no troubles. I put a 110 up front, and I like it a lot - bigger contact patch and a higher load rating than the 100. Both mine are blackwalls.
                  I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

This is very frustrating. I was about to get a set of s11's but can't find the 17" rear available in RWL. I'm running the EliteII, but they're out of production, the Elite 3 is blackwall. I could get one more season out of my Elite II's, but after that it seems I'm SOL, no one makes a RWL tire in 17" Plenty of choices in 16" though. Argh.

Comment

Randy all that white lettering makes the tire wider less clearance
                      might I suggest "white out: it's not just for computer screens any more
                      Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                      Niimi Moozhwaagan

and SOXS
                      2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

I don't think Bridgestone makes the S11 in a 130/90-17 with raised white letters - at least the Bridgestone website doesn't show them in that size. I just checked mine, and from the looks of the lettering on the black-wall, you could probably color them in with something without too much trouble - maybe whiteout would work. S11's are too good of a tire, at too good of a price to let lettering stop you, IMHO.
                        I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

I've seen lots of places you can get pens made specifically for turning your raised black lettering into white. I think I have even seen them in some grocery stores in the auto section.
                          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                          Vetter Windjammer IV
                          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                          OEM Luggage Rack
                          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                          Spade Fuse Box
                          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                          750 FD Mod
                          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
                          X