Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 Sidecovers for 80 XS1100

Hi All,

I found some 79 sidecovers for an XS1100F, and I'm wondering if that will work for my 1980. I did some research but didn't find anything specific. Would any of you happen to know?
    1980 XS1100SG
    In the process of making her look pretty!
    P.S., TomRodgers has the best avatar icon ever!

suggestion look at the top of the covers 78-79 are sloted 80-81 have round holes
    1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

Originally posted by devilschld View Post
      suggestion look at the top of the covers 78-79 are sloted 80-81 have round holes
      You're right, I see the difference now. Shux, gotta find a pair, mine only has one and it's broken =(
      1980 XS1100SG

Comment

On my 80G only the left one has the holes, the right has slots.
        Richard

Comment

Originally posted by thewright1 View Post
          Hi All,
          I found some 79 sidecovers for an XS1100F, and I'm wondering if that will work for my 1980. I did some research but didn't find anything specific. Would any of you happen to know?
          Hi '1,
          the '79 covers have slots instead of holes and are a slightly different shape.
          BUT
          I know the right side '79 cover can be made to work. I put one on my XS11SG because it was the only cover I could find at the time. This photo shows it looks not too bad.

Take your handy Dremel tool and make holes in the middle of the slots to fit over the SG's rubber nubbins.
          The rubber hole for the dog's dick at the bottom is in the same place.
          I dunno first hand if the left side '79 cover can be converted because my stock left side cover wasn't missing.
          If the '79's key latch is in the same place as the SG's there's no reason it shouldn't.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

If you find that the 79F std right hand cover is of no use to you, can I buy it?
            These bikes are so few here in New Zealand, that replacement covers just dont exist.
            I am just after a tidy useable one without the emblem for my 79std, as mine went AWOL during a late night ride home in the rain on a very dark country road. as it was black.........gone
            I see them come up on Ebay occasionally, but have yet to win an auction at a sencibile price.
            So if you or anybody else could help a Kiwi XS brother, that would be great.
            cracks, scratches, of blistered paint, no problem.
            http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/DSC00009.jpg
            1980 XS1100 Std English Assembled, 378k miles
            In stock untouched contion.
            http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/seatside.jpg
            1979 XS1100F Std NZ new,
            Mikes XS coils
            Jardine 4-1
            Pod filters
            Harley Davidson Rear Fender
            Bullet signal lights
            Twin 75mm headlights
            Self made single seat

Comment

Originally posted by subike View Post
              If you find that the 79F std right hand cover is of no use to you, can I buy it?
              These bikes are so few here in New Zealand, that replacement covers just dont exist.
              I am just after a tidy useable one without the emblem for my 79std, as mine went AWOL during a late night ride home in the rain on a very dark country road. as it was black.........gone
              I see them come up on Ebay occasionally, but have yet to win an auction at a sencibile price.
              So if you or anybody else could help a Kiwi XS brother, that would be great.
              cracks, scratches, of blistered paint, no problem.
              I know this response is kind of late, but there is an auction going on right now on eBay for some side covers for a 79. It ends in about 2 hours, hopefully you get it in time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
              1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Working...
              X