new to the forum and new to the xs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the forum and new to the xs1100

hows it going just thought id show my xs1100. shes not quite your traditional xs that ive been seen around here. ima make some minor repairs on the bike. its gonna be sitting for a bit since im recently laid off and have to spend money wisely. (except for this purchase, but it was worth it!) she runs fine. other then a few electrical issues and some paint. but nothing a little tlc cant cure.

Last edited by jtapiab; 11-28-2009, 07:25 AM.
    1979 xs1100 aka Bobby

Sweet Bobber!

Welcome to the forum!

You & Montreux_Blue should have a lot in common...
    His is very similar!

Glad to have ya here!
    Last edited by XJOK2PLAY; 11-28-2009, 08:46 AM.
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Welcome to the forum, nice bike. Just avoid riding in the rain and going through puddles, you may get unpleasant surprises....!!!
      BTW - You may want to turn that seat around so the raised edge keeps your butt on the bike when you twist the throttle......LOL!!!
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
        You may want to turn that seat around so the raised edge keeps your butt on the bike when you twist the throttle......LOL!!!
        Given the torque of these bikes and the lack of a rear fender, I'd say that is less of a joke than it was intended to be. Hate to hear how your manly parts suffered the fait of the dudes fingers that tried to wipe his chain oil off with the bike in gear...
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by jtapiab View Post
          hows it going just thought id show my xs1100. shes not quite your traditional xs that ive been seen around here. ima make some minor repairs on the bike. its gonna be sitting for a bit since im recently laid off and have to spend money wisely. (except for this purchase, but it was worth it!) she runs fine. other then a few electrical issues and some paint. but nothing a little tlc can't cure.
          Hi JT and welcome,
          nice bike but I gotta join the majority, you gonna need fenders. Even if you live in the desert a sudden bump at speed can drop your crotch onto the rear tire which will rip your nuts off.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

At least get a sissy bar.
            79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
            80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
            79 DT 100

Comment

haha thanks for the feed back. i got the fenders for it. i gotta mount them. i knw what you guess are talking about... this bitch pulls. thanks for the worries. but i dont ride it hard. only to cruise around on the weekends.
              1979 xs1100 aka Bobby

Comment

Kudos on a kick ass looking bobber.....now some bar end mirrors, take off the engine gaurd and some pod filters would make that bike.....also is that just a modifide and hacked stock seat? what type of shocks are those progressives? bet ya that think SCREAMS when you get on it.......
                _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
                1980 gs1000g "stock"
                1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
                2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

that just looks MEAN!!!! that is pretty much what i am gonna do to mine,but with some mini-apes (still considering those) and a different seat, and a short rear fender with just a pad in case the wife ever decides she wants a ride. get job man, that look great!
                  1980 XS 1100 Special (working to be my daily ride)

Comment

thanks. im working on the fender with a seat. im still scetchin it out. cus my lady feels left out hahaha
                    1979 xs1100 aka Bobby

Comment

what type of shocks do you have on the back?
                      1980 XS 1100 Special (working to be my daily ride)

Comment

Fender

Originally posted by jtapiab View Post
                        thanks. im working on the fender with a seat. im still scetchin it out. cus my lady feels left out hahaha
                        Man you NEED a rear fender for safty sake

Comment

Those shocks look like S&W Street Strokers with the top cover removed. I had a set for 10 yrs. before they went south. Good shocks.
                          2H7 (79)
                          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
                          X