Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 inch wheel from fd 750

Hi,

I have searched the site and this question hasnt come up. I have a 750 final drive with an eighteen inch wheel attached, will the whole thing transfer to an eleven, MNS is what I have. I am sure that the vertical clearance will have to be addressed, and can do that. Anyone have any ideas how it should work out fitting that? If that can be transferred along with the wheel,,,without too much trouble, that should reduce the revs seriously.

Thanks Tom
    Last edited by yamtom; 11-25-2009, 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling
    Bikes Now.
    80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
    79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
    83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
    83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
    08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Originally posted by yamtom View Post
    Hi,

I have searched the site and this question hasnt come up. I have a 750 final drive with an eighteen inch wheel attached, will the whole thing transfer to an eleven, MNS is what I have. I am sure that the vertical clearance will have to be addressed, and can do that. Anyone have any ideas how it should work out fitting that? If that can be transferred along with the wheel,,,without too much trouble, that should reduce the revs seriously.

Thanks Tom
    Hi Tom,
    don't forget the tire size. Stock 18" rear is 110/90-18 at 25.7" OD while stock 16" rear is 130/90-16 at 25.2" OD.
    The 18" wheel & tire should fit no problem but the 0.5" bigger tire OD will only give you 2% taller gearing.
    Sure you can fit a fatter tire but the rim is too skinny for a much fatter tire to sit right.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
    X