Picked up another XS11...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up another XS11...

This ones a 81 XS11 bagger. Sold the GL650 a week ago and had a few $ ready to burn. Had been in touch with Britt, who if you remember, had his Dads XS11 sitting around since he moved him to Bolivar TX, which was hit dead on by hurricane Ike leveleling the whole area. Unfortunately the seat and airbox made that move.

He's going to see his dad tomorrow and get him to file for the lost title for it.
    6,999mi on it, Carbs were in a box, side covers in the saddlebags, a box of oil filters and a NEW set of Standard rings for it . Bit a rust on the shocks and headers though.

Richard

Looks like it will clean up nicely!! Congrats on a nice bike! So this one should be ready for salw in a week then??
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Nah, This one may need to be torn down, last plated in 1988.
      But I will be selling the 82 XJ550 Maxim for sure, 8,400mi on it.
      Richard

Comment

Good find Richard! Im still looking for my bagger... she is out there somewhere
        Austin Ingalls

MIDNIGHT FURY
        1979 XS1100 Special [Full Restore Project]
        XJ maxim rear air shocks
        KERKER 4-into-1 exhaust
        Pod Filters

Money pit.......
        BLACKED OUT

Comment

It definetely sat since 1988... I guess he thought he could put new tires on it and go again as it has brand new Dunlap 491's on it!
          Could only get half a turn on the crank. So I pulled the head off today. The 2 outer cylinders have had some moisture in them. Not too bad up top. But I still couldn't get the cylinders off of them yet. Got them soaking. The 2 inner pistons pulled right out as they were pretty clean and at the bottom of the stroke. I figure the PO had the cover off for a while with the carbs off. I stuck a mirror under 1 & 4 cylinders and unfortunately they were rusted up on the fronts, probably keeping them from coming out. If I cant get them out, I guess I'll just pull the motor, crack the cases, pull the rod caps and push them out the top.

Clutch was completely dry. All the frictions were stuck to the steels. But they all look in spec.
          Richard

Comment

After soaking the pistons and spraying Aero-Kroil in and under the pistons for the last two weeks, I finally got the cylinders off. Took a bit a persuasion as the two outer pistons/cylinders were rusted tight.

Richard

Comment

Figured out the problem on your bike. It has a hammer stuck in piston #1. Thought you would have picked it up.
              '79 XS1100 (2H9) named Bones
              1196 Big Bore
              4-1 Cowley exhaust
              750FD Conversion
              Echlin 54mm Racing Cones (Americanese = pods)
              Black Ebony Bottled glazed Tank (To be redone now)
              BMX footpegs
              Tank internally lined (Professionally this time)
              GSX400 Throttle bodies (Under serious investigation)
              Anti Sticky float bowl system

Comment

Those darned PO's.
                RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Sat for too long accumilating water in the cylinders. 3 of the 4 would have to be bored to re-use. Got a PM into Andreas.
                  Cylinders 1 & 2 after a quick hone

Cylinders 3 & 4 after a quick hone
                  Richard

Comment

Looks like a match made in XS11 Heaven

This can be an early XS-Mas gift to YourselfJAT
                    Originally posted by xschop View Post
                    1980 Big Valve Head
                    Has been throughly cleaned, lightly hand ported and shot with freash VHT 1200 Deg. coating. I have all the springs and lifters, keepers (all in great shape), but sold the valve set already.
                    I have the 80-81 cams that are in great shape and are included as well....
                    Pay the shipping difference and I will throw this in with the 1196 Big Bore Kit and matched cylinders.

I am also including New Billet Cam plugs with the valve cover....
                    1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

I thought about that when XSChop posted it.
                      It's just a bit more than I want to spend on the bike. I would have a set of valves for it though, Hmmnn .

I'd have to make the ride to Tulsa and get it. That would entail a few visits while I was there and probably turn into a week trip...
                      The wife would have me strung up anyway for spending that much on parts, more than twice as much I paid for the bike!

Already worked out a deal with Andreas for a set of cylinders & pistons.
                      Richard

Comment

I here Ya... got rope burns on top of rope burns from SWMNBO That setup XSChop is offering is SOOOO TEMPTING!!! " But I will be selling the 82 XJ550 Maxim for sure, 8,400mi on it." Possible Fundage Eh? OK Sorry I'll shutup now. Glad to see you have something in the works from Andreas. Good Luck!
                        1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                        1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                        1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                        1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                        1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Hows everything coming on your new investment???

Still need those parts???
                          Austin Ingalls

MIDNIGHT FURY
                          1979 XS1100 Special [Full Restore Project]
                          XJ maxim rear air shocks
                          KERKER 4-into-1 exhaust
                          Pod Filters

Money pit.......
                          BLACKED OUT

Comment

Thanks Austin, I have a set of STD cyls/pistons coming from Andreas.
                            Been cleaning up the lower end.
                            Still need to run through the head. Got tired of using an automotive valve spring compressor and my homemade collar, went and bought a MC valve spring compressor.
                            Richard

Comment

Finished re-assembling my 81 Venturer

Richard

Comment

Working...
                              X