Comment

1981 XS11SH Custom Project - Juggernaut
      1990 FZR600 Hybrid Streetfighter - Lilith
      1996 FZR600 Custom Project
      1994 FZR600

Comment

hollow

And that R1 stem is hollow!
        All this time I though the 17mm dim you were referring to was the bearing thickness/heighth not the I.D. of it. A bearing is referred to as ID x OD x Height
        FYI

Regardless the stock XS11 stem top bearing ID is 25mm. so it is stronger than the R1 stem if your dims are correct. Why not save a lot of headache and machine the R1 lower clamp to accept the XS11 stem? I do not recall what the XS11 stem top clamp mating ID is tho.
        MDRNF
        79F.....Not Stock
        80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Ok, from now on, I am going to 1. Read the whole thing before I reply 2. not try to post technical specs with a holiday hangover. I dont know where that came from to be honest now that I actually apy attention to it.

The stem is 30mm. I knew that. I measured this thing 20 times a few days ago. My head hurts. Im going to nap now...

So yeah, the busa stem would probably press right in to the R1 triple. interesting.
          1994 FZR600

Comment

I freaking hate ebay. I ran across a deal that I couldnt pass up and I really like the silver color. So I am now the owner of a set of 02 Busa forks and matching rear shock. Sigh.

1994 FZR600

Comment

Another plus about the Busa front that the pic so nicely points out is that the spacers for the Busa wheel are machined onto the axle and nut and simple spacers can be made to mount other wheels which I am going to help another member do.
              That, and the real icing on the cake is the stock XS11 ignition switch bolts right up without any modding to it. IDK about the R1 ignition mount.
              Another hint is that I took a large Diameter Washer (3/16" thick) and cut off about 1/5th of it and welded it right to the stock XS11 tree stops to make the new Busa Tree stops....FYI

And last but certainly not least is the fact that you will be swapping on 6-pot brakes. I wasn't kidding when I said you could do stoppies with 1 finger on the trigger
              MDRNF
              79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Originally posted by xschop View Post
                Another plus about the Busa front that the pic so nicely points out is that the spacers for the Busa wheel are machined onto the axle and nut and simple spacers can be made to mount other wheels which I am going to help another member do.
                That, and the real icing on the cake is the stock XS11 ignition switch bolts right up without any modding to it. IDK about the R1 ignition mount.
                Another hint is that I took a large Diameter Washer (3/16" thick) and cut off about 1/5th of it and welded it right to the stock XS11 tree stops to make the new Busa Tree stops....FYI

And last but certainly not least is the fact that you will be swapping on 6-pot brakes. I wasn't kidding when I said you could do stoppies with 1 finger on the trigger
                Yeah, I wanted the biggest brakes I could get, now Ive got em. Now I just need to find a radial master cylinder up to the task. I cant stand the look of those coffin cup style master cylinders so I dont want a stock Busa one. Ive got a Brembo radial clutch MC on the way from the UK, so now I need a 19x20 radial brake MC to match. Im afraid I am going to be limited to new Brembo units, which is gonna be $$.

I have been thinking about the wheels and will probably do a swap in the future. I really want to run the R1 5 spokes. But for now, I think Im going to stick with the FJR wheel in FJR swingarm just to get the thing rolling for now. Its a 3 spoke as well and should match close enough. Then later on Ill fit the R1 wheel and then work on the front wheel swap.

I also like the silver color of the forks, it actually changes up my design ideas a bit. And I had other motives for wanting to get my hands on at least the triple tree. Should be interesting.
                1994 FZR600

Comment

30x47 tapered

Hey Freeze, did that Honda tranny bearing pan out?
                  MDRNF
                  79F.....Not Stock

Comment

Originally posted by xschop View Post
                    Hey Freeze, did that Honda tranny bearing pan out?
                    It hasnt shown up yet.
                    1994 FZR600

Comment

Working...
                    X