• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike's xs headlight

do the 7 in round headlights directly interchange with the 1100
    Chris
    twitter.com/thechrisdemon -- instagram.com/chrisdemon

2012 HD FXDC -- bone stock... for now...

1980 XS1100 Special --
    under restoration for brother

2010 HD XL1200 -- good riddance...

1981 KZ650 CSR -- Found a good/new Home

1980 CX500 -- livin' it up in FL

headlite

HI, I dont know what you mean here, are you asking whether the 750 triple round lite interchanges with the elevens,, if not, what. I have a triple lite that I can go out and measure if that will help.
    Bikes Now.
    80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
    79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
    83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
    83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
    08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

I think he's asking if a mikes xs, (which specializes in xs 650's)light will fit.I'm assuming he means on a special.Curious also .I have a 79 special needing a headlight

Comment

At to yamtom's concept, I know from looking for headlight ears that the 750 ears (the bracket that slides ont he forks and holds the headlight) are different dimensions than the XS11s. Shorter pipe and less reach from the forks.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

yeah i meant the bucket. i know there is some universal buckets on ebay with universal ears. if i cant find one i mite try that. but yeah my bike is a special

anyone know of a different light that will work
          Chris
          twitter.com/thechrisdemon -- instagram.com/chrisdemon

2012 HD FXDC -- bone stock... for now...

1980 XS1100 Special --
          under restoration for brother

2010 HD XL1200 -- good riddance...

1981 KZ650 CSR -- Found a good/new Home

1980 CX500 -- livin' it up in FL

Comment

Hi Dingman,
            there's an XS650, an XS750 and an XS11 in my garage right now, all Specials. If there's any difference in their headlight buckets it ain't apparent to the naked eye.
            Whether the 7" bucket from Mikes is an exact replica for the stock XS650 bucket I dunno but for sure it will bolt on and work on any of the XS series Specials.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
              Hi Dingman,
              there's an XS650, an XS750 and an XS11 in my garage right now, all Specials. If there's any difference in their headlight buckets it ain't apparent to the naked eye.
              Whether the 7" bucket from Mikes is an exact replica for the stock XS650 bucket I dunno but for sure it will bolt on and work on any of the XS series Specials.
              Nope, only down to the 650, the 400 uses a smaller headlight which is pretty hard to find (it's available but rare and can cost a good bit).
              Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
              Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
              Vetter Windjammer IV
              Vetter hard bags & Trunk
              OEM Luggage Rack
              Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
              Spade Fuse Box
              Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
              750 FD Mod
              TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
              XJ1100 Front Footpegs
              XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Base Yamaha part number of 84330, is the same from 650 thru to 1100 specials. It's only the series that differs so you should be fine with the one from Mikesxs.
                1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Don't read too much into the part number. The base Yamaha part number of 84330 simply means that they are all Headlamp Body's it doesn't mean that they fit.

e.g. both the XS11 Special and the Standard use a part number with 84330 in, but obviously they won't swap.
                  Brian
                  XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
                  Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

I have a 650 bucket in a box in my garage. p.m. if you are interested.
                    '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
                    Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
                    4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
                    Windjammer(wiring issues)
                    SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
                    New paint/brakes to come!!
                    ===============
                    '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
                    ===============
                    '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
                    Stock Pilots/125 mains
                    Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
                    SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
                    LED Brake Lite
                    Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

Originally posted by Lamric View Post
                      Don't read too much into the part number. The base Yamaha part number of 84330 simply means that they are all Headlamp Body's it doesn't mean that they fit.

e.g. both the XS11 Special and the Standard use a part number with 84330 in, but obviously they won't swap.
                      You know I was pretty sure the first digits made a difference in the part. Like a 2H7XXXXXXX and a 3H3XXXXXXX are not the same part. I have noticed that parts that run through all the XS11 models and years the same all start with 2H7 even through the 81 model year. Never really looked much at the XJ series.
                      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                      93 GSX600F
                      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                      81 XS1100 Special
                      81 CB750 C
                      80 CB750 C
                      78 XS750

Comment

Shot down in flames...

Originally posted by Lamric View Post

I stand corrected.
                        1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                        2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Ooouch - he must have left the side stand down

Here's a quick primer about Yamaha part numbers.......

For a Yamaha Part Number in the format XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX

XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
                          The first three digits are the Model Code (every model in the Yamaha Product Line has a unique model number) all parts are given a Model Code of the first model they were used on. So a 2H7-XXXXX part means it was first used on the 1978 E model. Thats why you'll see some 2H7 parts throughout the XS11 range, 'cos they didn't change.

XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
                          The middle five digits are the Basic Code number and indicate the section of the bike that the parts belong to (i.e. 11631 - piston; 11311 - cylinder etc.). A "W" substituted in the first position of this five-digit group (000-W0000-00-00) indicates a factory assembled kit which differs in content from the original assembly used in production (i.e. 2M0-W0046-00-00 – Rear Break Pad Ass’y).

XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
                          The next two digits are the Design Code and Design Change digits (so 01 means the part has had one design change).

XXX-XXXXX-XX-XX
                          The last two digits are the Color or Finish Code.
                          Brian
                          XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
                          Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Working...
                          X