Vetter side case variations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
    I know that with bugs special the bags interfere with the passenger pegs, but with my standard they do not. My grandson can ride on the back with the bags in place and they don't get in the way of him putting his feet on the pegs, as I understand it the pegs are not usable on a special with the bags on.
    Ah! Good to know! As I had only ever heard from Special owners on this, I should have specified. THX!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Thank you so much all who replied. Thanks to you, I am getting an idea now, that, the hardware for standard I am looking, at most likely will not fit my special. Therefore, I most likely will pass on this one and look for sissy bar saddle bag of some sort.
      dontlikeoc
      1981 XS1100 Special Edition
      Alhambra, CA

Comment

I was referring ot the bags made specifically for the XS, I didn't realize you meant the generic Tourpak bags, very interesting.

However, since the frame is the same is it possible to put the std rear footpeg mounts on the special? The muffler mounts would be the hitch here, I would think. Maybe make a bracket for the mufflers, if the bags would mount w/o mods?
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I would think the brackets for the standard could be made to fit a special without too much trouble. As mentioned I think it's just the position of the passenger peg mounting location that is different, so you might have to tweak it a bit there.
          Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
          Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
          Vetter Windjammer IV
          Vetter hard bags & Trunk
          OEM Luggage Rack
          Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
          Spade Fuse Box
          Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
          750 FD Mod
          TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
          XJ1100 Front Footpegs
          XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
          X