No announcement yet.

Carb holder clamps....variable idle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tom, after working on four or more of these beast with other members and watching more thna a few colortunes being completed, I am certain of one thing, there is no such thing as normal.

However, 3 turns is not radical. If you get to where you are turning the screw out and it stops having an effect but your still lean, then increase the jet size.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Well the last couple of posts have eased my mind. I am going to sync it up tomorrow (wont have time to today) and check it out. I just kept easing them out a 1/4 turn at a time and didnt notice much diff. Blue flame, with the occasional white popping. i have the stock pilots in, which may be the issue with the set up i have. pods, 4:1, ect. ride time is about gone here near chicago, but i think its dialed in enuf right now to give it a good spin around the block ( after i figure the front brake issue out!!!) to see what else may need to be fixed this winter. the odometer is low...so im not sure what if anything will be needed. im guessing the 2nd gear fix, but not positive. im thinking of putting on new handlbars, like possibley drag style, and flipping the bike with the stockers may be the route to go.....we shall see!! Thanks again!!!
      '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
      Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
      4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
      Windjammer(wiring issues)
      SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
      New paint/brakes to come!!
      ===============
      '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
      ===============
      '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
      Stock Pilots/125 mains
      Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
      SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
      LED Brake Lite
      Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

Yes, I replaced all my carb clamp screws. Bought stainless ones because the old ones were getting hard to turn with the philips, because the head was wearing out.
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Working...
        X