Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question with Standard vs. Special

Hey Guys,

I'm going to buy some 4-2 Jardines pulled off a 79 Standard, but to prevent any mishaps I wanted to confirm that this will be compatable with my 79 Special. Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

---------------------------------------------------

1979 XS1100 Special - "Viera"

i'm no expert on this, but i remember readin that it will fit the head without issue, but i think the mounting bracket behind the footpeg needs to be drilled or something to make it fit.
    a real expert will post soon i'm sure.
    testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

Comment

From what I remember, the only difference is that one has longer studs on the engine than the other. Not a major thing to replace with the right size to fit your headers.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Yes, I have both, and the mounts all fit. It's just the stud length that varies between the two.

The studs come out very easy, so they aren't hard to change.
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Working...
        X