Kick only wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick only wiring?

Ok has anyone seen the small batteries the size of a cig pack? There are also batteries (AGM?) for burgler alarms etc. If I am using primarily only a kick only with headlight,taillight,rear turn signals, and maybe speedo or tach can I get away with one of the smaller batteries? Has anyone done this on an xs11. I know on the 650 maypeople using the kick only are getting away with this.

Gary
    Gary King
    79 xs 1100 special/ standard front end
    bobbed with love.

I haven't heard of this for the 1100, but there is a slightly smaller battery at batteryspec.com you can use without problems that is a little smaller than the stock battery. Dimensions are on the sight. I bought a stock battery and the battery in the link for my bikes and things were smooth and simple. JAT
    Josh Yoquelet -- I'm having dreams of my XS
    '79 XS11SF "stock"- 4/1 Kerker, T.C.'s fuse block
    '79 XS11SF "bobber"- Rotted in a pine tree for 10 years
    '81 Air forks w/23,000 miles
    New steering head races and bearings
    '78/'79 standard wire harness
    Drag bars, w/Mikes controls
    T.C.'s fuse block
    PNM Coils
    7mm Dyna Wires
    NGK Resistor Caps
    Custom 1" clutch and 9/16" MC

http://xs11bobber.tripod.com

Comment

The battery that was sold to me by BatteriesPlus was about half the size of the actual battery that's supposed to be in the bike. It worked perfectly fine to keep the bike running. But to start the bike... not really. Dunno if that helps or not.
      If you don't own a fire extinguisher, do me a personal favor and go purchase one... immediately.

1980 MNS

Comment

Working...
      X