will these wheels interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will these wheels interchange

hello all , 1st timer here.Can anyone tell me the difference in the xs 750/850 rear wheel final drive setups for an 18 " compared to the 16" rear wheel. I realize there is not much clearence between the Shaft/ left swing arm and my 18" rear tire side wall and for sure the spacer between the wheel and disk rotor are different sizes . The 16" setup that i have i think is from a xs special ,will it interchange and if so what will i have to add or fab to make this change.Thanks in advance Ed in LV
    '78 xs1100
    '78 xs750 strutted bobber
    '80 xs650 ridgid frame chop
    '79 H-D FLH 80" shovel
    '02 H-D FLSTS 88" TC
    '53 H-D FL panhead /'58 dropsaddle frame

I am a little confused by you're post.Are you asking if the wheel or if the final drive will work?
    The XS750'XS850 final drive will definitely work on XS11.You need a spacer to do it.Just do a search for final drive swap and there is an excellent write up on it.
    I don't know what would be involved to swap the XS11 final into the smaller CC bikes.
    As far as the wheels interchanging,I don't know if the 18" will fit an 11.However you can swap a 16" or 17" wheel from the XS11 special and standard with each other from what I understand.
    The wheel swapping form the 11 to an XS750/850 would probably depend on if the brakes are the same though.
    80 SG XS1100
    14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

18"

if you have a special it is not a straight swap because of the rotors, but I have seen it done
      91 kwaka kz1000p
      Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

will wheels interchange

Thank you all for the response and my apologies as i can see where i wasnt clear on some things. What i have is a 16" rear wheel/tire complete just lying in the parts pile.I have an xs 750 with the 18" setup. The tire on the 18' badley needs replacing.Since I am going to have the 18" wheel off i was wondering about putting the 16" wheel and tire on the 750 ,will it work and the shaft is presently running very close to the 18" 's side wall(about 3/8 ") . I was wondering what is involved getting the wider 16" to line up correctly, engage the final ,avoid any rubbing on the drive shaft housing by the tire,and keepin the drive shat shaft housing in its present alignment. Pretty good guess at my poorly phrased question earlier hope this works thanks Ed
        '78 xs1100
        '78 xs750 strutted bobber
        '80 xs650 ridgid frame chop
        '79 H-D FLH 80" shovel
        '02 H-D FLSTS 88" TC
        '53 H-D FL panhead /'58 dropsaddle frame

Comment

Hi Eddgong8. While were happy to help where we can, and some members, including myself, have and had XS750,s this site is devoted more to XS1100's. You may get better info on your questions from this site http://www.xs750e.com/ and this site http://www.yamaha-triples.org/ Personally, I cant answer your question but I always wondered if the wheel of my mates 850 special would fit my 750 2D. Never did get round to trying it.
          1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
          2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Working...
          X