Replacement Master cylinder reservoir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Succubus View Post
    To keep powder coat out of threaded holes, Steve, I screw in an old bolt or screw. I have a box of really nicely powder coated bolts. And it leaves a nice clean edge. I also use the screw for the ground so I do have to worry about leaving a mark where the ground connects. If you mess up and get it somewhere you don't want, Aircraft Stripper takes it right off. Buy the kind you can apply with a brush and you can take it off with precision.
    I've done it both ways, and will usually use a screw in the small (under 1/4")holes. I also got a set of silicon plugs with the Eastwood gun and will use those sometimes.

As to the aircraft stripper, I tried that early on but didn't have much luck with it. Eastwoods' powder must be a different formulation as all the stripper did was very slightly soften the surface. It turned out to be much faster to remove it with a Scotchbrite wheel in a drill.

And no, I didn't blow up my vacuum... LOL. As a retired electrician, I'm very aware of 'classified locations' (explosive atmospheres) and have seen the results on using non-explosion-proof gear in these places (ever see a grain storage/terminal blow up? Explosive dust...).

Although I did see the results of a knucklehead who cleaned up a gas spill in his garage with his 'wet'n'dry' vac.... luckily, no injuries (but some missing hair) and I swear every bit of dirt in that thing was embedded in the ceiling and walls.....

'78E original owner
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Working...