Incubus, reborn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incubus, reborn

OK, I still have a lot of work to do on this bike, but I like to think I've made some serious progress. Most importantly, it now runs - and it runs better every time I run it. Shaking the cobwebs out and loosing all those parts that are meant to move but haven't for at least a decade.

This is what I started with:

This is what I have now:

It's a real nice 10-foor paint job. If I wasn't so lazy I would wet sand it and get it down to a nice nice one foot paint job. I don't figure, however, that a lot of people are going to get within one foot at 70 mph. Or even 30 mph.

It runs, though, and no longer looks like a rat bike.

BTW, it is no accident the first shot was taken on an overcast day and the second was in the sun...

Patrick

PS: If anyone has a usable condition left hand side cover for a '79 Standard I would be interested. This sidecover is from Succubus and I will need to put it back when I get back to work on her.
    Last edited by Incubus; 10-06-2009, 09:47 AM.
    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
    1969 Yamaha DT1B
    Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Nice! Good work on the restoration! I was going to mention something about that side cover - it doesn't match the new paint job! All you need now is to polis the engine and fork tubes, and it'll be quite fancy!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Succubus View Post
      It's a real nice 10-foot paint job. If I wasn't so lazy I would wet sand it and get it down to a nice nice one foot paint job. I don't figure, however, that a lot of people are going to get within one foot at 70 mph. Or even 30 mph.
      That looks better than 10 feet! I've got a ten-footer on my Jag, and yours looks much nicer!

Nice job!

'78E original owner
      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
      '82 XJ rebuild project
      '80SG restified, red SOLD
      '79F parts...
      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Nice, Patrick
        80G Mini-bagger
        VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
        79SF eventually dismantled for parts
        79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
        79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
        79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Looks great
          Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
          Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
          Pod Filters
          DynoJet Kit
          T.C.'s Fuse Block
          Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
          Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
          V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

Working...
          X