Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want different handlebars (RE: xj1100 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want different handlebars (RE: xj1100 content)

Alright guys... So i haven't posted much since i wrecked the bike. but i have her together again for the most part and am looking at the handlebars. she rides straight as an arrow, but i've come to the conclusion that i just hate the current bars on her.

can anyone give me some inspiration/ideas? i used the search and didn't really find anything good. anyone have any advice on where to pick up a new style/set? thanks again, guys!

i should be back out on the bike sometime in the next two weeks
    1982 Yamaha XJ1100 Maxim
    I came to get down.

you can put regular risers on the triple tree and regular handlebars
    82 XJ 1100
    98 Magna
    past bikes
    ST1100
    92 Harley FXR built
    85 XJ 700 (2)
    86 XJ 700X

Comment

hey mate i just put flat bars on an xs. looks the **** and very nice riding position. at 6ft2 i found the original bars crunched me up a bit too much. and hated the look of them. problems: tank clearance; brake line length and cable length; and brake clearance - the bottom of the master cylander bottoms out on the tripple tree and the lever ends up a bit too high, and the. i've ordered 20mm risers from ebay to compensate for clearance problems and run the brake line around the back of the headlight. cables plan to cut down once i decide to keep the bars. ill re-post once i get the risers and let you know how it all goes. will try to post some pics too.

Comment

sounds awesome. pics would DEFINITELY help!
        1982 Yamaha XJ1100 Maxim
        I came to get down.

Comment

Hey Mbarna,

A search for handlebars or XJ11 and handelbars should reveal a recent, last few weeks or so thread about this very subject, with photos and such on the IIRC XS650 risers/clamps and such!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
          X