Clear All

Oh yeah it ends in 13 hrs
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Comment

Hey, Tod...
      Thanks again for grabbing this one up... and remembering your old buddy!

Makes me feel a lot better just knowing there's a "plan B" backup motor now... if something decides to go on mine suddenly.

Exhaust does look good! Great score.

From your pics, the motor & tranny look pretty clean... almost shiney!

Fairing looks really good, too.

Rode mine about 20 miles last night to check out the crank seal, looked better... found a trace of oil... but might not be from leaking... looked like it helped slow it down. We'll see if it holds up.

Ran good last night.
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Nice looking stuff on that bike Tod, I am jealous but guess I need to finish my own project bike.

btw all I just got a seat cover from ttcycle on ebay for 82 xj for just over 50 bucks, had the flame stitching made in red to go with my black and red theme and really am pleased.
        82 XJ 1100
        98 Magna
        past bikes
        ST1100
        92 Harley FXR built
        85 XJ 700 (2)
        86 XJ 700X

Comment

A behind the scenes look!

Hey Tod,

After you PM'd the guy, he didn't want his "personal" info..living somewhere in TULSA, OK on the public forum, so he wrote to me asking me to DELET his thread. I tried to explain to him that it doesn't work that way here at Channel 11. He got pissy, said some things about his experiences with other forums letting the Original Poster of a thread to request it's deletion, etc.!

Then he just requested to become a NON-member, since he had sold it to you. SO...since he was the original poster, we can't delete usernames IF they have posts on the Forum, ....well we can, but the posts then get labelled as GUEST...and can mess up the databases, so to keep things clean, his thread....you can't delete the 1st post of a thread, the whole thread gets deleted, you can only selectively delete posts AFTER the 1st post...so he got his wish afterall, deleting his thread, AND his username...per HIS REQUEST!!

Congrats on those pipes....NICE!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

The guy sounds like a piece of work. At least the bike went to someone who deserves it.

Comment

Hey, you need to stay on your side of the turnpike with the parts hoarding. Ha ha just kidding. You meet some interesting people buying bikes and parts.
              79 XS11 special

Comment

Ha Ha Which turnpike.

Tod snagged that one. It was only 10 or 12 miles from me.

Comment

Yeah, but just went to check things out better tonight. The right side exhaust that was down on the trailer that got protected from the sun, took a beating from the rust. The pipe broke away at the collector and I dumped probably a cup of rust out of the right muffler. It still "Looks" ok, but the collar from the collector is broke off and rust-welded onto the muffler. There may be enough actual metal there to grind up and weld a collar back onto the collector, but I'm going to go on my ride this week and not mess with that for now. The left side still looks pretty good.

So.. not the dream exhaust I was hoping for. But with the motor turning freely, another set of carbs, the TCI works (Checked that out tonight), a pretty much straight tank, and the wheels look better than what's on my bike.. I still did OK. Plus.. I got a clean title for the frame and that's really what I needed.

Thanks for the explanation TC. It was pretty funny... this guy and his dad were standing side by side and not looking at each other. As I stated, it was the dad's bike, so he's who I concentrated on. After looking over this bike, I asked if he was pretty set on $300 for it. The son was nodding yes, and the dad was shaking his head no. So I asked if he'd take $250, and then the son was shaking his head no.. and the dad was nodding yes.. lol.

Tod
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own