my ride report for the weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my ride report for the weekend.

nothing too exciting but during this 360 mile sunday drive I found a few things out:

1 - The tank of premium I ran yielded 38 mpg. 87 octane unleaded got me 32. This is at 60-65 mph.

2 - Running premium at 80 - 85 mph dropped me down to around 30 mpg.

3 - butt burn was reduced by using baby powder. I put some in a ziplock back and 'freshened' up at fill ups. I would like to find an alternative as baby powder is pretty rank and that smell stays with you. I also figured out how to shift my weight around in ways to help keep my butt from getting all sweaty.

4 - I can get the front wheel off the ground.

5 - I am pretty sure I'm short some power. I think plugs/wires may be the source of the problem.

6 - NOBODY in Iowa wears a helmet.

7 - I LOVE MY 79 SPECIAL! (i knew that before)

Good to hear you got some miles on Beech!
    Also nice to hear someone else gettin about the same mileage.
    I have been getting around 38-41mpg on 87 octane driving "normally" 55-65mph. But the other day I filled up and only got about 31mpg. But I had been driving in the 70mph+ range I was kinda surprised to see the mileage drop that much..but then again I guess who cares when your havin fun right?
    Ride On!
    '81 sh " Maime" The Nature of The Beast

Comment

A pair of bicycle pants work wonders on these machines. I was in agony after a long ride. When I started wearing the bicycle shorts (or pants) I could ride most of a day with no problems.
      Don Hughes
      Ex-1978 E
      Ex-1985 Yamaha Venture Royale
      1991 Yamaha Venture Royale
      1990 Honda Goldwing
      Edmonton

Comment

Working...
      X