XS1 Stock Type Shock Absorbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS1 Stock Type Shock Absorbers

trying to lowere the rear a little and was wondering if these would work for the special senc the 10 inch and stock i think are 11.5"
    _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
    1980 gs1000g "stock"
    1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
    2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

if it helps they can be found on mikesxs
    _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
    1980 gs1000g "stock"
    1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
    2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Hey Lee,

I meant to post yesterday, got distracted, etc.!

Anyways, this has also been discussed before. IIRC the stock is actually over 12" long. Shorter shocks can help lower your bike, but you have to also look at the total travel the frame/shock makes, and how close your rear fender gets to your rear tire at the bottom of the shock travel. If you set it too short/low, then you risk bottoming out to the point of rubbing tire against fender and such. So you'll want to compress the shocks to their fullest compression point, and then measure how much clearance between tire and fender you have, and that's the amount of distance you can subtract from the stock length of shock, and still mostly ensure that you won't rub tire when you do bottom out the shorter shocks!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
      X